Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-27-2010, 07:03 PM   #61
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Coupon expires tomorrow. Thanks to all for your kind indulgence.

CC73Z.
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #62
mizi
mizi began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook lite
got it from smashbooks, this is my first ebook bought (:
mizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:06 PM   #63
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizi View Post
got it from smashbooks, this is my first ebook bought (:
Thank you, mizi. Very much. You do me and Boomerang a real honor.

Best,
Alan
Old 03-04-2010, 01:41 PM   #64
plumboz
Novelist

Well I know I had sworn off any promotions as of March 1, but just hours ago I received a notice from Boomerang's paperback publisher telling me that if I wanted the title to continue to be available they would like me to send them money. Considering the ebook has outperformed the paperback by a wide, wide margin, I decided they could pull the plug on the paperback and by golly, we'd have a little wake for it by doing another half price coupon for the ebook from Smashwords.

So, here 'tis. Good through the end of April, 2010. HK56J

Boomerang at Smashwords

Long live the ebook!

Best,
Alan
Old 03-04-2010, 08:18 PM   #65
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
Hooray!... I think? I am still glad the ebook is a success. Looking forward to the next installment soon. Thanks for the laughs Alan
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:30 PM   #66
plumboz
Novelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billjr13 View Post
Hooray!... I think? I am still glad the ebook is a success. Looking forward to the next installment soon. Thanks for the laughs Alan
Thanks, Billjr,

I've been splitting my writing time between Close Enough for Jazz, which is the next Ted and Jerry adventure, and The Baer Boys, a stand alone book. I'm not far enough along in Jazz to have anything to present to the public yet, but for anyone who would like a look at the beginning of The Baer Boys I have the opening chapters posted at authonomy.com.

The Baer Boys

As for the laughs, well, you are most welcome! But they wouldn't be there if lovely folks like you weren't reading the book!

Best,
Alan
Old 03-06-2010, 11:07 PM   #67
plumboz
Novelist

A big public Thank You to banjobama for her very nice review of Boomerang on her book review blog.

Ebookalchemy

Alan
Old 03-07-2010, 09:01 PM   #68
plumboz
Novelist

As part of the wake for the paperback version of Boomerang, I'm conducting a What's Your Favorite Character drawing over at nookboards with the prize being an autographed copy (I'll scribble whatever the winner wants) of one of the last copies of the book to see the light of day. If you would like to enter, please do so at this link: Autographed Copy of Boomerang or just go to nookboards.com and click on the Book Club MB.

Thanks,
Alan
Old 03-15-2010, 10:49 PM   #69
plumboz
Novelist

After long deliberation and consulting with Those Who Know Best, I have decided to adjust Boomerang's ebook price to $4.99 as of the end of this week. I'm not sure how long it will take Amazon to make the change, but I will be submitting it on Friday. The current coupon will be canceled at that time. Thanks to everyone here who has already gotten a copy.

Best,
Alan
Old 03-19-2010, 07:39 PM   #70
plumboz
Novelist

Sorry, but the coupon is now going away after Saturday, March 20th. Even though the regular price at Smashwords has already bumped up to $4.99 the coupon will get you the ninety-nine cent price through Saturday.

Thanks!

Alan
Old 03-20-2010, 11:09 AM   #71
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Please note the new title of the thread.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:31 PM   #72
plumboz
Novelist

Thank you to everyone who has picked up a copy of Boomerang. Over a thousand downloaded since September, way more than I ever dreamed. The coupon is gone, but I see that neither Amazon nor Barnes and Noble have made the price adjustment to $4.99 yet, even though it was submitted five days ago. The wheels of e-commerce do spin slowly on some things, eh? But it does mean that at least for another day Boomerang can be gotten for $1.99 at those two places.

Best to all,
Alan

P.S. Thanks to Dr. D for being such a congenial moderator here at MR. I very much appreciate all the help and patience!

Last edited by plumboz; 03-21-2010 at 01:33 PM. Reason: spelling error!
Old 03-22-2010, 11:24 PM   #73
plumboz
Novelist

Well, silly me, it seems I didn't complete all of the requested information for the price change to get into the approval process at Amazon. So I went back and did it again. Gonna take a few days to go through their review whatchamacallit.

So while that's in the works, no reason not to hike out the ol' Smashwords coupon for one more week.

Your personal ninety-nine cent special.

CU67Y is the coupon code. Good through March 30. By then Amazon should have the price right. And you'll be so glad you got yourself a deal.

Thanks,
Alan
Old 03-26-2010, 09:30 AM   #74
plumboz
Novelist

I am sorry about the misleading title to this thread. It is all my fault. And maybe it's my fault that I can't get the pricing for Boomerang consistent across the three sites where it is available. So while I try to get this sorted out, please take advantage of the ninety-nine cent coupon when you get your copy at Smashwords.

Coupon code: CU67Y

Best,
Alan
Old 03-28-2010, 01:52 PM   #75
plumboz
Novelist

Amazon has gotten the price right, so now we're just waiting on B&N. But for the next three days Boomerang can be gotten at Smashwords for just $.99 using coupon code CU67Y.

Thanks,
Alan

Tags
amazon, barnes and noble, boomerang, comic novel, smashwords