Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-24-2009, 08:50 AM   #1
Octochick
Zealot
Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Jeff Bezos on The Daily Show

Video Clip
Pretty funny interview...just love me some Jon Stewart and so does Jeff apparently.
Octochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:25 AM   #2
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Was that last night? Daig! The one night I don't stay through to see the guest...

Oh, well, I'll check it out when I get home...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 09:35 AM   #3
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
I had to watch the whole show to catch the bezos interview. I felt my brain slowly dying as I watched that garbage just to see a tiny interview that really showed nothing about the new kindle.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:49 AM   #4
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I know this is petty, but Bezo's laugh grates on my nerves. Jon Stewart is pretty damned funny. No new info.

But it is nice to see Amazon marketing the new Kindle. It can only help all ebook readers.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:28 AM   #5
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
I had to watch the whole show to catch the bezos interview. I felt my brain slowly dying as I watched that garbage just to see a tiny interview that really showed nothing about the new kindle.
Thank you for saying that! Now I won't waste my time!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I felt my brain slowly dying as I watched that garbage just to see a tiny interview that really showed nothing about the new kindle.
This goes to show that one man's garbage is another man's treasure is true. I think the Daily Show is good, sometimes really good, sometimes brilliant.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:19 AM   #7
KindleKat
Connoisseur
KindleKat began at the beginning.

Quote:
Whaaaaaaaat? John Stewart is a genius. By far one of my favorite comedians.
KindleKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:15 PM   #8
Octochick
Zealot
Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
Thank you for saying that! Now I won't waste my time!
If you click on the link you will only see the interview which is pretty funny.
Octochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:27 PM   #9
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Octochick, are you any relation to OctoMom?
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:06 PM   #10
jibril
Connoisseur
jibril is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Jeff was laughing too hard. I never seen him before, so I don't know if it was the type of insincere laugh that some make to get in good graces of the other guy, but it seemed that way.

Otherwise he was nice. I always liked Jon as an interviewer. It's frustrating to watch the interviews with Jon and Colbert, because they have interesting people on and not just actors/politicians, and they are very civil even when not in agreement, I wish they devoted a half an hour show to serious interviews where we could delve more into the topics. I'd watch that all the time!
jibril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:43 PM   #11
detacht69
Still Amazing-Only Better
detacht69 began at the beginning.

Device: New K3 Owner
What frustrates me about Stewart and Colbert is that they don't have interviews, they have appearances.
While the host hogs the attention and says, "Look how funny I am and don't listen to what this guy has to say"

edit: I think Jeff knows the kindle is overpriced because of his hesitation before saying the price. He knows he's ripping people off, hence the evil laugh.

Last edited by detacht69; 02-24-2009 at 11:46 PM.
detacht69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:28 PM   #12
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
Quote:
Jon Stewart is brilliant. Hands down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detacht69 View Post
What frustrates me about Stewart and Colbert is that they don't have interviews, they have appearances.
While the host hogs the attention and says, "Look how funny I am and don't listen to what this guy has to say"

edit: I think Jeff knows the kindle is overpriced because of his hesitation before saying the price. He knows he's ripping people off, hence the evil laugh.
Comedy is the whole point of the shows. They want their guests to be able to promote themselves but they also have to make the audience laugh. Without comedy, they don't have a show. I hate it when people try to treat the Daily Show as a legitimate news show. That is not its purpose. Don't go to the Daily Show for in depth interviews. It's like buying a chocolate cake and then complaining that it doesn't taste like vanilla.

I think Jeff knows the Kindle is at the price it needs to be to sustain the wireless connection. People get so caught up in the price of the device by comparing it to cheaper readers like the Sony PRS-505 but they don't consider the potential price of 3G usage over the long term. No monthly payments for a 3G connection is not a bad deal. The Sony PRS-700 is more expensive than the Kindle and you don't even get the 3G connection.
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:07 PM   #13
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Man he laughs a lot!! He strikes me as a funny quirky guy, this was the first time I'd seen him. I'm impressed As for the kindle being overpriced, it's overpriced in the same way that Apple gear is: they make very polished gear which has many features (wireless, 3g) and does not cut corners so charge a premium for it.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:21 PM   #14
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Two points leapt out at me during this ... interview.
  1. Bezos mentioned that they're working on connecting Kindle straight to your brain -- a hint as to their new DRM plan?
  2. He missed a bet: he should have said that the books are read out loud by Stephen Hawking.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:27 PM   #15
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Bezos mentioned that they're working on connecting Kindle straight to your brain -- a hint as to their new DRM plan?
No go, Jeff. My brain implements its own DRM that will not allow this, sorry.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote