Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-16-2008, 09:32 AM   #1
Blackguard
Enthusiast
Blackguard began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Question about html to lrf with opf files

I have a number of zipped html files with images and a table of contents in a zip file with an opf for metadata. Typically, these have an index file (table of contents) with links to other html files inside of the zip.

My question: will the PRS-505 be able to display these files and what would be the easiest way to get these into a compatible file for the PRS-505? Also, will these retain the table of contents that I can use to navigate the files?

Thanks in advance!
Blackguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:21 AM   #2
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackguard View Post
I have a number of zipped html files with images and a table of contents in a zip file with an opf for metadata. Typically, these have an index file (table of contents) with links to other html files inside of the zip.

My question: will the PRS-505 be able to display these files and what would be the easiest way to get these into a compatible file for the PRS-505? Also, will these retain the table of contents that I can use to navigate the files?

Thanks in advance!
Are you trying to convert an ePub file to LRF ?
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2008, 03:45 PM   #3
Blackguard
Enthusiast
Blackguard began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
Are you trying to convert an ePub file to LRF ?
No it's not ePub.

Let's just say that I have a zip file with an index (table of contents) html with links to a bunch of other html files contained in the zip. What would be the easiest way to get it onto the Reader with a navigable table of contents?
Blackguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:53 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use html2lrf, it supports OPF files, though its support for TOC is a bit spotty. If it doesn't generate the TOC from the LRF file, open a ticket.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote