Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-28-2010, 11:40 AM   #16
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Speaking of firmwares, there's a feature of the LBook firmware that I like: when I lock the keyboard of the device, it goes to sleep, and there's an image of a sleeping cartoon cat, complete with the ZZZ. Now I like the image very much, but was curious about whether it's possible to replace that image with one of our own every once in a while?

I'm also curious about startup and shutdown screens - is there a simple way to change them, without resorting to installing new programs and mucking about in code?

Last edited by citac; 10-28-2010 at 09:24 PM. Reason: eek the typos!
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:01 PM   #17
Sunspark
Zealot
Sunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with others

Device: EZ Reader Pocket PRO
Yes Citac, it is possible to change the screens but you will need a program..

I am curious.. I've never seen this cartoon cat and I've seen a whole bunch of 2010 Lbook firmwares.. which one is the one with the cat?
Sunspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:11 PM   #18
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
I've never seen the sleeping cat either, but it sounds adorable. Like an old-school Tamagotchi...
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:39 PM   #19
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspark View Post
Yes Citac, it is possible to change the screens but you will need a program..

I am curious.. I've never seen this cartoon cat and I've seen a whole bunch of 2010 Lbook firmwares.. which one is the one with the cat?
Might be the August release, I'm running the 22 July version and I have no picture of a cat (not that I need one, we have 3 here that claim to own the house).

I might check it out for sheer curiosity.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:49 PM   #20
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
Speaking of firmwares, there's a feature of the LBook firmware that I like: when I lock th ekeyboar of the device, it goes to sleep, and there's an image of a sleeping cartoon cat, complete with the ZZZZ. Now I like the image very much, but was curious about whether it's possible to replace that image with one of our own every once in a while?

I'm also curious about startup and shutdown screens - is there a simple way to change the, without resorting to installing new programs and mucking about in code?
Go to the Jinke site http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...vice/index.asp and you will find a logomaker that can be used to make startup and shutdown screens.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:11 PM   #21
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
but sadly no "lock screen" which would be more useful for "personal branding" (kind of an exlibris-stamp in the reader).
I wonder if this could be somehow achieved with the software that IS available...
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:20 PM   #22
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Might be the August release, I'm running the 22 July version and I have no picture of a cat (not that I need one, we have 3 here that claim to own the house).

I might check it out for sheer curiosity.
No, I think it's an older version. It was the first one I found after having some issues with the original firmware, I liked it and haven't changed it. I should probably update.

Checking the "About this product" gives me the following information: "Firmware version: V2.00CN.090509." I'm guessing the 09 stands for 2009. What's the image on your device?

Edit: here's the photo:

Last edited by citac; 10-28-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:53 PM   #23
Sunspark
Zealot
Sunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with others

Device: EZ Reader Pocket PRO
Wow.. that's a _really_ old firmware.. Save the file, I don't think anyone has it anymore.
Sunspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:15 AM   #24
SmartyPants
Zealot
SmartyPants began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
i think this image is only on 6" models. I know i installed the latest firmwares for myself (PP) and my mum (6") at the same time, and hers has a cat on in, mine didnt.
SmartyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:57 AM   #25
citac
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspark View Post
Wow.. that's a _really_ old firmware.. Save the file, I don't think anyone has it anymore.
Most likely.

I was preparing for an exam, and couldn't get Central European characters to display, not even in a pdf file. Someone recommended getting the Lbook firmware, I found this one, it worked, and I didn't bother changing it. If it ain't broke, and all that...

But I'd really like if I could get to that photo and maybe add a phone number in case it ever got lost. Or if not that, then replace it with one of my own. I watch it like a hawk, but you never know.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:21 AM   #26
citac
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartyPants View Post
i think this image is only on 6" models. I know i installed the latest firmwares for myself (PP) and my mum (6") at the same time, and hers has a cat on in, mine didnt.
So if I updated, I wouldn't lose the cat? I'm kinda partial to it, since I can't have a real one due to allergies of other family members.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #27
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
But I'd really like if I could get to that photo and maybe add a phone number in case it ever got lost. Or if not that, then replace it with one of my own. I watch it like a hawk, but you never know.
that was exactly my idea

as I said - like exlibris stamps/stickers in pbooks
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:01 PM   #28
SmartyPants
Zealot
SmartyPants began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
So if I updated, I wouldn't lose the cat? I'm kinda partial to it, since I can't have a real one due to allergies of other family members.
to be honest, i wouldnt have a clue... i havent updated my mum's reader since about june i think.
You can check out the latest firmwares here:
http://ebook.dyndns-home.com/buggins

i guess you can always roll back to the old version to get the kitty back!
SmartyPants is offline   Reply With Quote