Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-28-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
niagara94
Enthusiast
niagara94 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro
Calibre - How to make added colums show in book info on Companion

Hi - I am using Calibre Companion and I successfully added custom columns to my groupings but I was wondering if there is a way to add the custom columns to the listing of information you see for each book when you click on it. For instance, one of my custom columns contains an R for books that have been read. I would like this to show up when I click on a book and see that books information if the book has been read. Thanks.
niagara94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by niagara94 View Post
I was wondering if there is a way to add the custom columns to the listing of information you see for each book when you click on it.
I would like this to show up when I click on a book and see that books information if the book has been read.
That info should already be at the bottom of the book info page. Without doing anything I have the information from 5 custom columns including the Read? check mark at the bottom of the book info page.

If you don't see this then connect to calibre as a device and let the metadata sync. Once that job is done disconnect and the info should be there.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-28-2013 at 11:12 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2013, 11:00 PM   #3
niagara94
Enthusiast

Thanks for your reply. I do see the info there as you said. One more quick question, why would Calibre Companion show more books synced to my device than Calibre does? Thanks again for the help.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. I do see the info there as you said. One more quick question, why would Calibre Companion show more books synced to my device than Calibre does? Thanks again for the help.
You could have books on your device that were not put there by calibre.

If you want those books added to calibre I believe you only have to go to Calibre companion Settings (via the three dots) and check the Scan on connect option. This should (when next connected to calibre) scan the folders identified under Settings - Book formats and folders and add any new books found to calibre.

I haven't used this feature myself, but it should work fine.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:38 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Are you saying that when CC is connected as a wireless device, there are books in calibre's device view that do not have an "In Library" checkmark? This can also happen if you use multiple libraries that contain the same books, if the book was deleted then re-added to calibre, if you are using a library that was created using calibre's "Copy books to library" function, or (the fundamental reason) the book isn't in the library you connected to.

If the book really is in calibre's library but not marked, you can correct the problem by resending the book to the device. This will give CC the new unique identifier for the book. You might end up with two copies of the book in CC. If so, using calibre delete the one without the checkmark.

If the book is not in calibre's library, then you can copy the book from the device to caliber. Connect as a wireless device, then right-click on a "missing book" in calibre's device view and select copy to library.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2013, 04:17 PM   #6
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
That info should already be at the bottom of the book info page. Without doing anything I have the information from 5 custom columns including the Read? check mark at the bottom of the book info page.

If you don't see this then connect to calibre as a device and let the metadata sync. Once that job is done disconnect and the info should be there.
Is there a way to not have specific custom columns show up?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:36 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Not that I'm aware of but chaley could better address this issue. I certainly could see a reason why you would want to limit the custom columns you send as metadata.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:16 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
No.

We must send all metadata to the device because calibre depends on getting it all back during the connection handshake. However, it would be possible not to display some metadata. I will add that to our ideas list.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:49 AM   #9
niagara94
Enthusiast

Thanks for your help DoctorOoh. Chaley, I was saying that when connected as a wireless device, CC shows more books than Calibre does. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:06 PM   #10
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
No.

We must send all metadata to the device because calibre depends on getting it all back during the connection handshake. However, it would be possible not to display some metadata. I will add that to our ideas list.
Thanks. It's not a big deal, just seeing if it was possible.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:29 AM   #11
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
No.

Hello Chaley,

I would like to add my vote for the ability to hide custom column information from the book details page in CC. My custom columns in Calibre are for maintenance only and so a lot of the information looks out of place on and clutters up the book details page.

Just got CC yesterday and it's great!

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote