Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
The Print Is So Tiny! (Happy Tales of Happy Readers)

We got an offer on our house yesterday so we're in the process of packing up our stuff.

We'll probably need to move into an apartment for an interim living solution, so one of the things I did was identify the next 4 months' worth of books I want to send to 1DollarScan and go ahead and leave them with my Mother. That's one less thing for the movers to move when the time comes.

Mom was helping me pack up the books in sets when she picked up one from my childhood -- a Grimms' fairy tale collection -- and said "I remember this one!" She opened it and immediately recoiled, saying "The print is so tiny!" Then she turned to me and asked "How did we ever read without eReader?"

My mom is in her 60s and is NOT a techie person. I am so happy she likes her reader.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Congrats on the house sale.

I sent my parents a new Sony reader over the holidays.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
Congrats on the house sale.

I sent my parents a new Sony reader over the holidays.
The T1? I have a friend at work who took the plunge and got a T1 on my recommendation. He loves it and read all weekend long, he says.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
AlexGrama
Writer
AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nexus 7
Congrats on the house. My mother feels the same way. I wish I could convince my father too but he still grabs hold of the paperback.
AlexGrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:39 PM   #5
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGrama View Post
Congrats on the house. My mother feels the same way. I wish I could convince my father too but he still grabs hold of the paperback.
We're in the same boat! Mom and I have tried to get Dad to make the jump, but not yet. Isn't it odd.
Advert
Old 02-15-2012, 12:14 AM   #6
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
i'm only 34 and there are print books i can't read anymore due to the small print size. my eyes aren't even that terrible.

i just got an omnibus in the mail today and i swear it has 8 point text. thank god i've already got e editions of the books.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:18 AM   #7
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm the same. Now that I'm in control of the font size, going back to physical books is a bit tiring. Someone else decided how big the font needed to be and my eyes don't agree now that I've had a choice.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #8
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I'm the same. Now that I'm in control of the font size, going back to physical books is a bit tiring. Someone else decided how big the font needed to be and my eyes don't agree now that I've had a choice.
I know, right!? Before, I would just adjust. Now, it's like what?! No choice, no read! FREEDOM!!!