Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #16
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
Later edit: also, I think there is a problem with loading a book. When I open FBReader I get the opening book message which stays stuck until I trigger a refresh by pushing menu button or going full screen.
Iņigo,

Have a look at ipc_sys_bg_busy() it prevents the DR from going into sleep mode after more then 10s of user inactivity. Since loading a file in the background IS user inactivity, using the function at appropriate places might improve the behaviour (as it did with xournal).

Marcel
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:55 PM   #17
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dima_tr View Post
Em, yesterday I tried 0.12.10 with an fb2 file - no problems during 1 hour reading ..
I've just published a new release of the lua bindings.
The icons.lua script has been improved and now is able to extract covers from FB2 files and add the images to the DR global database: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=24

cool, isn't it?

EDIT: currently, the script in the lua package updates all the files each time you run the script, which is lot of time if you have many files. I'll change the defaults to add to DB if file is not present there only and a new flag to force update.

Last edited by Iņigo; 12-15-2010 at 04:51 AM.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2010, 04:47 AM   #18
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Iņigo,

Have a look at ipc_sys_bg_busy() it prevents the DR from going into sleep mode after more then 10s of user inactivity. Since loading a file in the background IS user inactivity, using the function at appropriate places might improve the behaviour (as it did with xournal).

Marcel
Thanks, I've opened a ticket in BitBucket with this information.

Btw, Mackx, I've added you to the administrators list of FBReader-dr repository, feel free to hack on it.

Iņigo
Old 12-15-2010, 06:47 AM   #19
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
Btw, Mackx, I've added you to the administrators list of FBReader-dr repository, feel free to hack on it.
Ehhh thanks

Maybe I find enough time this weekend.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:20 AM   #20
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Ehhh thanks

Maybe I find enough time this weekend.
I meant, if you want, of course.

I wasn't thinking in the mentioned issue
Consider this port a community work
Advert
Old 12-15-2010, 10:15 AM   #21
akadimka
akadimka began at the beginning.

Device: iREX D800SG
Quote:
I don't know much about the internals of FBReader so don't know which are the exact changes between v0.10.x and v0.12.x.

Anyway, there are now different scroll actions you could bind for the different keys, Preferences->Keys:
Code:
PAGE_SCROLL_FORWARD = "pageForward";
PAGE_SCROLL_BACKWARD = "pageBackward";
LINE_SCROLL_FORWARD = "lineForward";
LINE_SCROLL_BACKWARD = "lineBackward";
MOUSE_SCROLL_FORWARD = "mouseScrollForward";
MOUSE_SCROLL_BACKWARD = "mouseScrollBackward";
TAP_SCROLL_FORWARD = "tapScrollForward";
TAP_SCROLL_BACKWARD = "tapScrollBackward";
SCROLL_TO_HOME = "gotoHome";
SCROLL_TO_START_OF_TEXT = "gotoSectionStart";
SCROLL_TO_END_OF_TEXT = "gotoSectionEnd";
This works perfectly for me:
left (up arrow) -> Scroll page backward
right (down arrow) -> Scroll page forward
long left (page up) -> go to previous TOC section
long right (page down) -> go to next TOC section
return -> toggle fullscreen

Also look at messages #14-18 in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=109786&page=2

Hope it helps,
Iņigo
Thanx man! It helped me.
akadimka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:49 PM   #22
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
I've just published a new release of the lua bindings.
The icons.lua script has been improved and now is able to extract covers from FB2 files and add the images to the DR global database: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=24

cool, isn't it?

EDIT: currently, the script in the lua package updates all the files each time you run the script, which is lot of time if you have many files. I'll change the defaults to add to DB if file is not present there only and a new flag to force update.
This new version attached here fixed the mentioned issue, it will only add new files.
In fact there is a new command line flag (--force-update or -u) that overrides the new default, but as advanced function you can't specify it from gui-icons.lua script.
(Tip: you can use the RunDebug script if you need ;-)

Iņigo
Attached Files
File Type: gz icons.lua.gz (3.0 KB, 366 views)
Old 12-15-2010, 05:32 PM   #23
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
Hi Iņigo,

I think there are serious problems in triggering screen refresh (I have the latest DR800+, base, FBReader and lua packages installed). When I ran the generate icons script I could see the results only when I triggered a refresh by pushing menu button and I think the same goes with the search dialog in FBReader (search is so slow, but I can't figure out if it's because screen refresh or search itself).
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:54 PM   #24
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Hi Iņigo,

I think there are serious problems in triggering screen refresh (I have the latest DR800+, base, FBReader and lua packages installed). When I ran the generate icons script I could see the results only when I triggered a refresh by pushing menu button and I think the same goes with the search dialog in FBReader (search is so slow, but I can't figure out if it's because screen refresh or search itself).
Same problem than [1]? I'd bet it is.
The simplest solution I can think of for this script is to run an animated image in a timeout to prevent user inactivy.
What do you think?

[1] http://bitbucket.org/inigoserna/fbre...en-opening-big
Old 12-16-2010, 02:08 AM   #25
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
I meant, if you want, of course.

I wasn't thinking in the mentioned issue
Consider this port a community work
I was just teasing you

Quote:
Same problem than [1]? I'd bet it is.
The simplest solution I can think of for this script is to run an animated image in a timeout to prevent user inactivy.
What do you think?
Maybe the ipc_sys_bg_busy() will also solve these problems.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:33 AM   #26
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
I was just teasing you

Maybe the ipc_sys_bg_busy() will also solve these problems.
To use this C function in gui-icons.lua I'd had to write a C-> lua binding... too much work for that simple script.

PS: btw, didn't know the meaning of "tease", a new (and fun) new word for my dictionary ;-)
Old 12-16-2010, 07:47 AM   #27
catharsis
Addict

So can you please test the word search? Does it work on your devices?
Old 12-16-2010, 03:46 PM   #28
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
I also have problems, with the search dialog (I never used it before). I got a copy of the archive of Iņigo and I am first looking into opening files. Maybe there is a generic solution that can also be used for searching.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:18 PM   #29
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
It works... well, for some definition of "work"...

In my tests with FB2 files I've observed two problems:
1. searching is quite slow
2. you have to trigger a screen refresh in order to show the results.

I don't think we can solve the first issue, and as the second one, the Mackx's magical solution (ipc_sys_bg_busy) could work.

Are these the same problems you are getting?
Old 12-18-2010, 07:44 PM   #30
catharsis
Addict

yes, especially screen refresh is annoying.

Tags
fbreader