Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-13-2008, 07:40 PM   #1
PsyDocJoanne
Loves her 505 and her Z4!
PsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Anyone seen my .lrf file?

Hi everyone,

After a bit of blood, sweat, and tears (and I'm only half kidding!) I got a .lit file downloaded, run through convertlit, installed Calibre, and converted it to LRF.

I believe my one remaining question is how to get that file on to my Sony 505? I know that the .lrf files are converted and sent to a database file, library.db; however, I can't figure out how to manipulate (or find, even) the single .lrf files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Joanne
PsyDocJoanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:44 PM   #2
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
PDJ, you should be able to connect your Sony to your computer, and then with Calibre open, select your lrf converted book and click the "Send To Device" option at the top.

It should transfer right over to the Sony.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:47 PM   #3
PsyDocJoanne
Loves her 505 and her Z4!
PsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hi, thanks!

The only snag is that I didn't install the USB support for Calibre, because I wasn't 100% sure I was going with that over the Sony software when I installed it. So is there a way to pull the files over into the Sony software?
PsyDocJoanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:38 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyDocJoanne View Post
Hi, thanks!

The only snag is that I didn't install the USB support for Calibre, because I wasn't 100% sure I was going with that over the Sony software when I installed it. So is there a way to pull the files over into the Sony software?
You don't need the drivers with the Sony 505. That said, you can also click on Save To Disk in calibre and point to the Sony 505... or even some other folder if you want.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:19 PM   #5
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
And remember, all of the books managed by Calibre are not stored on your hard drive, they are stored in the database. If you want to get the actual files, you can use the Save to Disk feature.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote