Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-14-2011, 04:38 AM   #31
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: divisive reader
diamante, that's good news. Thanks for posting your conclusion. I have added a link to this thread from my file structure guide, and added an FAQ section.
boxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:01 AM   #32
diamante
piedra preciosa
diamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Oasis 6", Kindle Voyage, Sony PRS-350, etc.
Looks good, boxcorner--thanks. I appreciate all the advice I've gotten in this discussion, and something tells me we may be picking it up again at some point!
diamante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:18 PM   #33
diamante
piedra preciosa
diamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura about

Angry More problems with Sony annotations -- what a PAIN!

I thought I had it all set up correctly. I now have a couple of collections in Reader Library that I synchronize with my Sony Reader. As I approached the end of a book I thought I'd better sync to make sure my notes are on my computer. Now the latest notes on my device will not sync to the Reader, even though the book is in a synchronized collection. I am synchronizing manually and have Reader Library set to merge annotations from both devices. It's just not working. Is anyone else having this problem?

The way annotations and synchronizing work on the Sony is just terrible in my opinion. It's as though they avoided giving the user options and flexibility in some kind of effort to avoid confusing the clueless, and yet they forgot to work out the bugs before doing that. My trusty Kindle 2 is suddenly getting a lot more use again.

I just took a closer look. Somehow, the book that I'm reading is no longer showing up in the synchronized collection on my Reader. It's still in the collection in Reader Library, but it isn't being synchronized. The only possible explanation I can think of is that I didn't use my Reader for a few days and it shut down automatically. Maybe it didn't save all of the necessary data before shutting down? I find this extremely annoying.

Last edited by diamante; 03-01-2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: added info
Old 03-01-2011, 06:28 PM   #34
diamante
piedra preciosa

Update: I connected the Reader to the computer and dragged the book from the device to the Library icon in Reader Library. This replaced the copy of the book that was already in Reader Library and after another sync resulted in the book being added back to the synchronized collection on the device. My annotations and word log for the book seem to be intact. Of course it would be nicer if the sync feature worked the way it's supposed to...

Tags
annotations, ereader pdb conversion, notes, sony reader