Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-07-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
MangaEbooker
Connoisseur
MangaEbooker began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Formating Manga for best Nook use?

My manga is in mostly .rar Jpg/png files but some are in CBZ files. I want to keep the aspect ratio of the manga also, whats the best way, will keeping the aspect ratio still make it just as readable? I Just do not want it stretched if I can avoid it and I see an option in Calibre for keeping it. I notice CBZ files load but not my .rars.

How can I go about this the best way?

Want to start converting before I get it. Also is .pdf better or epub?

Last edited by MangaEbooker; 08-07-2010 at 02:58 PM.
MangaEbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
cypresstwist
Nooking in Romania
cypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't litter

Device: Nook WiFi
PDF and EPUB are both OK. You can convert CBZ and CBR archives with a utility shipped with Calibre: ebook-convert. I use Linux and do a ebook-convert spawn01.cbz spawn01.epub to get beautifully-formatted comic books.
cypresstwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2010, 07:58 PM   #3
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Convert your rars to cbr (just a change of name).
I like PDF better because it has zooming options, unlike ePub which is reflowable.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote