Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-05-2010, 02:27 PM   #1
hoytlee
hoytlee began at the beginning.

Device: sony 650
vizplex display or pearl display

Question to all the 650 owners - I just got my 650 last week and I noticed that on start up, amongst the many logos that pop-up, the device was displaying the e-Ink vizplex film logo and not a pearl logo.

Does everyone see the same thing?

How can I check to make sure this is really a pearl display and not the older vizplex display?

I know companies sometimes substitute components or try to get rid of older components in this way. but a bait and switch would be unacceptable

be well,
Hoyt
hoytlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
As mentioned elsewhere on this forum... vizplex is eInk screen and Pearl is simply latest variant... and why does everyone always assume the worst...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
See Confused: Vizplex or Pearl?
Quote:
E-Ink Pearl display (Vizplex™ v220)
That entire thread is worth reading, but as elcreative says, the bottom line is that Pearl is the latest Vizplex.

I still think Sony should have called in Pearl to avoid confusion.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote