Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-31-2014, 02:34 PM   #1
mikichi
mikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kindle paperWhite
how to add hebrew-english dictionary?

hi,
i have kindle paperwhite 2, and i want to add a hebrew-english dictionary.
how can i do that?
thank you,
miki
mikichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:19 PM   #2
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Just buy this one:

http://www.amazon.com/ENGLISH-Practi...lish+dictinary
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:14 PM   #3
Vroo
Zealot
Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of Kindles, PocketBook HD3/InkpadX, inkBOOK, Kobo
This dictionary translates only from English to Hebrew.
Vroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:48 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Also, it supposedly doesn't show up as a dictionary option, but as a regular book. Try this instead: http://www.alonintheworld.com/2013/0...on-kindle.html

Or find one that does hebrew-->english and if necessary convert it to Kindle format, as outlined here: http://www.alonintheworld.com/2012/0...naries-on.html
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:27 PM   #5
mikichi
mikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kindle paperWhite
thank you!
mikichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #6
user743
Addict
user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle PW2 special offers removed by Amazon for FREE
Can you upload it here, if you're legally able to?
user743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:17 PM   #7
Kalman Sutker
Kalman Sutker doesn't litterKalman Sutker doesn't litter

Device: kindle Touch
I made a Heb-Eng dictionary for the kindle

I followed the instructions on Alon Rotem's website and used his Babylon dictionary tool to make it. I sent him an email thanking him and a copy of the dictionary for him to include on his prebuilt dictionary page, but while he did reply to me, it doesn't seem like he intends to host the file. I've shared it on dropbox and put a link to it on a website I have with a few things I want to share.

It's not great with all the inflection and spelling conventions of Hebrew (eg: appending heh to the begging of words) and it doesn't display Hebrew text that is included in the English definition correctly, but it's good enough for me and others might find it useful.

It works good enough for me on my kindle touch.

direct link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w0owx2jffo...20-%20kdz.mobi

I'm not sure what it takes to get dropbox to kill my account. I guess I'll see how popular the download is.
Kalman Sutker is offline   Reply With Quote