Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-14-2011, 08:43 AM   #1
sj3vans
sj3vans began at the beginning.

Device: PocketeDGe
Hello! & can someone point me to the getting started threads?

Hello,

Just picked up a PocketeDGe from Woot for what must be a steal! I got it a couple of days ago. I'm an iPad owner and use a DoidX cell so I'm not really, really new to android or tablets in general, but I feel like a babe because of all the cool integration between 2 screens. What an EXTREMELY COOL device! I can't believe it didn't take off like mad. I'll point out what I love about it in a second. But first, I have a few issues that I'm sure are covered somewhere in this forum if someone could point me to them? I've spent about a hour so far reading but nothing is hitting my issues which seem more basic than are covered in the newbie threads I've seen.

I cannot seem to load the Amazon App Store app. When I click on the link at Amazon.com, it yields an error about can't find URL "market://...". Also, no matter what video I click on in the pre-installed "tube" app, it says "Sorry, this video can't be played". Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Now, as for this cool device, here's what immediately jumped out at me:

1. It's the perfect size. It fits in my front pocket and due to its folded form factor, is not likely to torque and crack the screen I expect.
2. It has very smooth writing on the eInk side making note taking a pleasure.
3. The screen feels smooth and "right" under my finger; not like a piece of glass that "drags" as you slide your finger across it.
4. Its actually pretty snappy...more so than my DroidX although I haven't loaded anything yet on it to do real comparisons.
5. I love having the built in eBook reader which integrates so well with the tablet for controls that make more sense on a tablet screen. The guys who came up with this were brilliant! I hope to see some future products from them like this.
6 ... more but I'm out of time today.

Thanks!
sj3vans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:07 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

May I offer you a warm welcome to Mobileread Forums.

You may be interested in the Entourage Forum
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert