Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
flo7002
flo7002 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Kindle 2 and adobe digital editions question

Hi all,

Just got my Kindle 2 and so far it's really cool. However, a couple months ago I purchased a couple books from ebooks.com. They're in pdf format but I can only read them on adobe digital edition on my computer cause I guess they're DRM'ed. Is there anyway convert those or remove the DRM so I can put them on my Kindle? I tried searching through the threads but can't seem to find a clear answer. Any help would be appreciated.
flo7002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
See Adobe ADEPT DRM for PDF circumvented.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2010, 02:31 PM   #3
srichards
srichards began at the beginning.

The link for this has been removed. Is there a way to read Adobe Digital Editions on the Kindle? Does it make a difference which format? My library has the EPUB and the Adobe PDF Is there another link on how to remove the DRM? I want to read books from the library on the Kindle, but it looks like I may have to return it and get a Sony Reader.
srichards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The information for PDFs is in (or discoverable from) the thread I referenced, which is admittedly very long. Or just Google for i♥cabbages's blog, which again has the info if you read the comments.

The DRM for PDF and ePub are related, and the scripts work the same way. Once you remove the DRM, you are probably going to want to convert both PDF and ePub to MOBI using Calibre. The Kindle 2 can read the PDF directly, but conversion to MOBI is likely to work better (and ePub is a better starting point than PDF).

Note that although striping DRM (for personal use) from ebooks you bought is probably legal in the US, stripping DRM from lending library ebooks probably is not - even if you delete the resulting DRM-free ebook within the lending period.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #5
flo7002
flo7002 began at the beginning.

Talking

Sweet... my books are now free! Thanks for your help!
flo7002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert