Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-22-2009, 02:38 PM   #121
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
And this list right here could be why the possible open source nature of the nook would be most awesome.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:40 PM   #122
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
And this list right here could be why the possible open source nature of the nook would be most awesome.
what makes you think that the nook is any more open source that all the other Linux boxes?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2009, 03:50 PM   #123
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
what makes you think that the nook is any more open source that all the other Linux boxes?

Dale
Wrong choice of words! It's not as Inkpot is proof it's possible. In the another thread, it was speculation of B&N possibly releasing the android SDK for the nook. Having a android phone, it just seems like it could possibly be a more accessible/active community.

B&N Nook could stay very much closed off for all the future knows.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:03 PM   #124
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Accessory

RobertB,

An accessory to add to your proposed list:

A hard shelled case for packing the EZ Reader(s) in for travel.

I like the Pelican cases, but they don't have one the right size. I went trolling on the net and found one company that customizes, with customized logos. It would be neat to offer these for those of use who wish to pack for a journey and not risk the damage.

http://www.pfccases.com/products_stockcases.php

They offer colors too.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:00 PM   #125
rling
Connoisseur
rling began at the beginning.

Device: Mentor Lite, Nook Color, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
My Lowepro Fastpack does this job. It fits the camera, plus the 15" notebook and Pocket Pro in a seperate compartment. All padded and in an easy to use backpack.
rling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2009, 03:33 AM   #126
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
RobertB,

An accessory to add to your proposed list:

I like the Pelican cases, but they don't have one the right size. I went trolling on the net and found one company that customizes, with customized logos. It would be neat to offer these for those of use who wish to pack for a journey and not risk the damage.

http://www.pfccases.com/products_stockcases.php

They offer colors too.

AJ
Those cases look really good AJ.

It would be good to have one like that with the foam lining added, that can accommodate the PEZ with its cover still on. Would be great for travelling etc. Although they aren't waterproof, they are water resistant which would also help when out and about.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:13 PM   #127
Triker
Triker began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader
The supplied case for the Pocket Pro is nice. But it's awfully heavy - 115g. The reader itself is only 166g. It's a pity to have such a nice lightweight device weighed down by a case which weighs over two thirds of the device itself. It probably doubles the thickness of the reader too. I'd like to see a much lighter and thinner case, but one which is still a fold-out style.
Triker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:49 PM   #128
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker View Post
The supplied case for the Pocket Pro is nice. But it's awfully heavy - 115g. The reader itself is only 166g. It's a pity to have such a nice lightweight device weighed down by a case which weighs over two thirds of the device itself. It probably doubles the thickness of the reader too. I'd like to see a much lighter and thinner case, but one which is still a fold-out style.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:57 PM   #129
wacol
wacol began at the beginning.

Device: ezready hanlin v3
It is nice to talk about wish list, but the fact is all variant of the hanlin's firmwares are very buggie. One main problem is the daliy freezed and self-reboot(some time required a hard reset) I had to enduce. I can't understand how these ppl can release a product with such as major issue.

And I'm not sure why the hanlin can't put in HCSD port instead of the old junk.

OpenInkPot latest 0.2 rc3 is a lot more stable and functional than the orginal firmware.
wacol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:17 PM   #130
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
A lot of it is due to the ebook formats. I use the Astak firmware and with the latest I am not seeing any lock ups or reboots. I reformat most of the books I have using calibre. I only have a couple of ebooks that I have purchased and they are epub and I am not see any issues there. I also read a lot of pdfs most of which I create my self formated for the display of my Ezreader.

Chuck
PS I am very happy with the Astak firmware.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:37 PM   #131
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
A lot of it is due to the ebook formats. I use the Astak firmware and with the latest I am not seeing any lock ups or reboots. I reformat most of the books I have using calibre. I only have a couple of ebooks that I have purchased and they are epub and I am not see any issues there. I also read a lot of pdfs most of which I create my self formated for the display of my Ezreader.

Chuck
PS I am very happy with the Astak firmware.
Nor have I seen a lockup or reboot on the Astak PP. Though I have on my Sony 505.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:13 PM   #132
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Links in Epubs

Where are we at at getting links in Ebub books working. I have the EZReader Basic and I have finally gotten a couple of ebooks and the links are not working.

Please help with that.

Chuck

Old 10-28-2009, 03:35 PM   #133
kennyc

Chuck they worked for me. for the links the page keys (9, 0 ??) become the link jump keys.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:38 PM   #134
cvkemp
Loving life

It is not working for the Ezreader 6 inch. I have tried everything I can.

Chuck

And I know the links work in ADE on my PC.

Last edited by cvkemp; 10-28-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:40 PM   #135
kennyc

Oh, that might be new to the firmware in the 5" PP...