Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-26-2007, 05:59 PM   #1
gingercat
Connoisseur
gingercat began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iliad
2.11 Update Problem

Anyone else had problems updating their iliad?

I went thru the normal process to do the update, the update downloaded then the system restarted. At the restart the whole thing froze. I waited about 5 minutes then decided that the only option was to try a reset (which your not supposed to do during an upgrade). It then restarted correctly and installed the software but I can tell you it was a major worry for a few minutes there.
gingercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:53 PM   #2
k2r
Zealot
k2r doesn't litterk2r doesn't litter

Device: MP2K, iLiad
Same Problem here

The Iliad hang showing an inactive progress bar.
I waited for a hour, just to be sure, ejected CF and SD Cards and then reset the device. The update finished afterwards.
Since I just received the device from repair it was still vanilla.
k2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2007, 12:03 AM   #3
phyzjqk
Connoisseur
phyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Max2/SP4:Dell x50v /Iliad /Nokia:
Another problem is after upgrade, the chinese language setting is missing. I can not support the chinese file name right now!
phyzjqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:05 AM   #4
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Request them here and connect to iDs.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:40 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I didn't have a problem with the 2.11 update, but I did have a problem downloading the shell access package. I pressed the "Connect" button and the iLiad said that it couldn't connect to the network (highly unlikely to be true, since it's plugged into the same router as my PC which was happily downloading from the Internet at the time). I switched the iLiad off, but when I switched it on again I only got half the usual startup picture, with shifting bands of random "noise" down the right hand side of the screen. I switched off again, pressed the reset button and it started up normally. Plugged the hub back in and it successfully connected to the iDS and downloaded the shell access package.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2007, 07:16 AM   #6
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
same problem here

I got the same. iLiad didn't boot after download of software with inserted CF.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=36
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:40 AM   #7
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I had a problem downloading the release notes, which was apparently because I had the "documents" directory on the CF card. When I switched it back to the standard location all was well again. I could not download shell access until the release notes successfully downloaded - otherwise it would not have mattered much.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote