Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-03-2016, 03:49 PM   #1
Pedro Magnifico
Pedro Magnifico began at the beginning.

Device: none
How do I set the user interface font in Sigil?

Need a little help here! I opened Sigil this morning and I find the user interface using some crazy font I can't identify. Screencap attached.

I looked through the preferences settings and did a google search but I'm not seeing a setting for user interface font. Can anyone help?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen-Shot-2016-03-03-at-12.44.45-PM-5.png
Views:	307
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	146855

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-03-2016 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Attached image and added a thumbnail link
Pedro Magnifico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:52 PM   #2
Pedro Magnifico

Sorry about the big image, I don't see a way to size the image when creating a post.
Advert
Old 03-03-2016, 04:44 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Magnifico View Post
Sorry about the big image, I don't see a way to size the image when creating a post.
You have to resize the image (to something no larger than 600x600px [Guidelines section 9]) on your own before creating the post. Or do Like I did: attach the image full size and create a thumbnail link to the attachment.

As to your particular issue; Sigil has no setting for the user interface fonts. Only for the Book View/Preview/Code View fonts. The interface fonts use system settings/OS themes to determine what fonts (and sizes) are appropriate to be used. Perhaps a Mac user could offer some suggestions on what might have gone wrong?

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-03-2016 at 04:48 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:45 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
You pre-process the image with the image tools available on your system:

Interesting font
Edit: Preferences: appearance: CSS / Code view
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:05 PM   #5
Pedro Magnifico

Naturally, I tried the css/code view setting. Did not have any effect. I have it set to Arial.

I ended up deleting that other font instead. It's not like it ever got used.

Sigil defaulted to another oddball (but legible) font. I have no idea how it decides what font to use for the user interface. I'm lucky it didn't decide on dingbats.
Advert
Old 03-03-2016, 10:14 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Naturally, I tried the css/code view setting. Did not have any effect. I have it set to Arial.

I ended up deleting that other font instead. It's not like it ever got used.

Sigil defaulted to another oddball (but legible) font. I have no idea how it decides what font to use for the user interface. I'm lucky it didn't decide on dingbats.
Sorry, We sometimes get people who miss things. (and I was surprised the booklist UI did not also use that setting, but it makes some sense as it applies to Code Text areas

This might be a System theme gone bad.
What OS? Version?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:47 PM   #7
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Looks like a Mac. If so Sigil, is developed on a Mac and I have never seen this before. You may need to try changing your Mac system font settings and also use a Font Utility to identify and remove any corrupt fonts.

Yes, a websearch shows this problem happens on a mac because a bad/broken version of the actually requested font is present in the system. Fire-up FontBook on the Mac and have it test all fonts (in you home directory and system level) and disable the broken ones.

Last edited by KevinH; 03-03-2016 at 11:06 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote