Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-01-2010, 03:03 AM   #1
jurat
jurat began at the beginning.

Device: none
Next page button pushed in too far?

I just bought a used Kindle 2 and noticed that the next page button on the right is in a little farther than the left one. Is the normal wear and tear or is there some mistake? Anyway I can fix this?
jurat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:46 AM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
does it work?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2010, 09:53 AM   #3
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurat View Post
I just bought a used Kindle 2 and noticed that the next page button on the right is in a little farther than the left one. Is the normal wear and tear or is there some mistake? Anyway I can fix this?
If it works, don't fix it.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:31 PM   #4
laurie_lu
Connoisseur
laurie_lu doesn't litterlaurie_lu doesn't litterlaurie_lu doesn't litter

Mine is the same way. The left "Next" button is firmer to push with a stronger recoil and more noticeable clicking sound. The right side feels like it's been overused with a mooshier feeling when you push it. Mine has been like this since I first took it out of the box. I find myself pushing the left side more often in hopes it will equal out over time.
laurie_lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:28 PM   #5
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
when I got my first K1 the buttons went through a series of different clicks, grinds and squishes. they finally all resolved themselves. as lene said, if it works, don't fuss with it
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2010, 03:59 AM   #6
jurat
jurat began at the beginning.

good. So I'm not the only one.
jurat is offline   Reply With Quote