Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-19-2006, 01:03 PM   #16
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
http://www.irextechnologies.com/file...ur%20iLiad.pdf
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:06 PM   #17
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageReader
If i have seen it correctly, they suggest an A5 format, which is not the best choice for the iliad as long as you cant get rid of the icons at the bottom.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2006, 01:13 PM   #18
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
To Fireproof
I wonder if this is what you're asking and if this will help and if the Iliad has Acrobat installed onboard.
On your computer open any pdf document. When your document is open, resize your window any size you wish by dragging a side, top or bottom edge. Then go to view menu and click "reflow". Ploblem solved. Any size your window is open, your text will follow every time you use this.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:10 PM   #19
ath
Addict
ath doesn't litterath doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, Sony PRS-505, Kindle Paperwhite & Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible
When your document is open, resize your window any size you wish by dragging a side, top or bottom edge. Then go to view menu and click "reflow".
That works on PC and with ordinary Acrobat readers. But the iLiad is a beast of a different colour: no window to resize, and no reflow capability, at least not for the foreseeable future.

That the reason for this thread: although documents can be shown on the iLiad, they can't necessarily be read unless they are fairly close to the actual screen size (or type size is large enough to be legible even after scaling).
ath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:06 PM   #20
Stuart Young
MobileRead Editor
Stuart Young has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: e61i / Eee PC / PRS-505
Typical story I've been working in IT for years but I can't resize a PDF. I've been using Acrobat 7.08. If anyone knows an app to make converting pdf size easy please let me know..

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh..

thanks folks.
Stuart Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2006, 05:13 PM   #21
Pitchfork
Connoisseur
Pitchfork began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad/Ipaq 6340
I tried the trial version of this.
http://www.evermap.com/autopage.asp

Worked OK, but quite pricey for what it does.
Pitchfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:05 AM   #22
Tscherno
iLiad Geek
Tscherno began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad #505; Sony T1, Amazon Paperwhite first Gen & sec is coming!
The best solution for Textonly-PDFs seems to be saving them as HTML. The HTML-Viewer is quite good and you can change the textsize.
Tscherno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:13 AM   #23
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
Using Acrobat I've found that the easiest way (the only way?) to resize is just to print to Adobe Printer with a new page size. According to Commander, Open Office does a good job too, using the "convert to pdf" function.
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:30 AM   #24
Tscherno
iLiad Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaHuguet
Using Acrobat I've found that the easiest way (the only way?) to resize is just to print to Adobe Printer with a new page size.
Yes, but its useless! The iliad automatically sizes the page so that it fits in the display. So it makes no difference if you open the original DIN A4 or print it before to DIN A5. What would make a difference is to cut (crop) out the white space around the real text. Then the font is better readable. All PDFs i tried so far are unreadable small on the iliad.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:35 AM   #25
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
Yes, of course, I really meant for small variations. I was trying out several font sizes, margins, etc., but I had already changed the text using Word to an A5 to start with. As to not making a difference, I might be wrong, but I feel it's less work for the iLiad (so better page turns), if it doesn't have to resize too much.
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:58 AM   #26
each
Connoisseur
each has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 650/iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tscherno
Yes, but its useless! The iliad automatically sizes the page so that it fits in the display. So it makes no difference if you open the original DIN A4 or print it before to DIN A5. What would make a difference is to cut (crop) out the white space around the real text. Then the font is better readable. All PDFs i tried so far are unreadable small on the iliad.

Agree with you, by now I have been trying Acrobat and pdfFactory to crop the white margin to "up-5mm, down-5mm, left-1mm and right-1mm" recommended by iLiad's document, unfortunately I still don't know how to make it by these two PDF tools.

As we already collect so many PDF ebooks, how to crop the A4 or other size PDF files to A5 with small white margin is a big issue for iLiad user.

I also try http://www.evermap.com/autopage.asp (autopageX plugin for Acrobat), it works fine, doing what we need. But the 700KB plugin sold for $99!!! It is really expensive.
each is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:08 AM   #27
Tscherno
iLiad Geek

I found it!

Right Click on the Toolbar -> Advanced Editing -> Crop Tool -> Select the Area you want (should be the same for all pages or you have to do it one-for-one) -> Click again on the Button -> OK
Old 07-21-2006, 03:42 AM   #28
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
try these (supplied by TaKir

http://files.ebook.googlepages.com/jap.zip

http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5366

Maybe you can find out how they work...^^
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 03:47 AM   #29
Tscherno
iLiad Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
try these (supplied by TaKir

http://files.ebook.googlepages.com/jap.zip

http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5366

Maybe you can find out how they work...^^
Cool!