Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-07-2009, 12:09 AM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Amazon has an updated version of "The Stand"

I received this email a couple hours ago.

Quote:
Hello,

We've been made aware of an issue with the title 'The Stand' by Stephen King. We worked to correct the issue and have sent a new version of the title to your Kindle.

The next time the wireless is activated on your device, the new version of 'The Stand' will be sent to your Kindle. If you're not in a wireless coverage area, please connect your device to a computer using your USB cable and download the new file from the 'Manage Your Kindle' section of Amazon.com (www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle). Any bookmarks or clippings you may have saved in the original version will be lost.

We're very sorry for any inconvenience the update of this title may cause.

Thank you for choosing Amazon Kindle. We hope to see you again soon.
I'm not aware of what the changes could be. The TTS still works even though the buy page on Amazon says it's not enabled. Those of you with copies may want to check your respective retailers.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:23 AM   #2
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Seems like this email is informing people about the update back from when the book was readded to the Kindle store.

I turned on my wireless and didn't recieve anything.
Sporadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2009, 12:30 AM   #3
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Yeah, ditto on all of that. I re-downloaded it myself, seemed nice but I don't remember the last one.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:56 AM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I just checked the Manage my Kindle page and it looks like my K1 updated on July 2nd (I hadn't noticed - I originally purchased it last summer). I did the manual download again for my K2 and TTS still works, so I still don't know what the changes are.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:01 AM   #5
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I also finally got an email for the new version of the H2G2 - which I had already received last month - I guess the CS email folk finally caught up with the actual downloads.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert