Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-23-2009, 08:37 AM   #1
tench
Connoisseur
tench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toys

Device: Sony PRS-505
Size limit on PDFs?

Hi, I'm having trouble viewing an ADE PDF on my reader (I get a protected page error). I downloaded it and others from my public library, and the other ones work, but not this one.

I searched the forums and saw that there is a size limit on epub files. Is there a similar limit on PDF files? Or any other thoughts on why I would be having trouble with only one file?

Thanks!
tench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #2
tench
Connoisseur
tench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toys

I should also add that the PDF file that doesn't open on my reader opens perfectly in the ADE software on my computer.
Advert
Old 06-24-2009, 02:34 PM   #3
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Sorry tench, i can't help you. It guess you found either an error in the DRM-handling of the PDF software on the reader or that certain PDF just has an error which is ignored (or better handled) by ADE on the PC.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:49 PM   #4
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Hi tench! Welcome to MobileRead.

Were the all the files PDF from the same public library? A member posted about a similar problem in this thread -- maybe there is something in the responses that would help.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48234
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:48 PM   #5
tench
Connoisseur

Curly, thanks for that link. What a bizarre problem, but that is exactly what happened to me. I downloaded PDFs first, and they worked fine. Then a couple of days later I downloaded both PDF and epub files, and the epub books worked but not the PDF. I just assumed the PDFs I downloaded earlier would still work, but I just checked now and they do not. So I can only read the epub files on my reader right now, not the PDFs.

Also, thanks netseeker for your post, it is good to know that there can be random problems like that.
Advert