Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.42%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.21%
haven't used yet 208 56.37%
Voters: 369. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #376
kiedis
kiedis doesn't litterkiedis doesn't litterkiedis doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Mirrors in mediafire.com

Duokan Lite 2012 for Kindle 3 Keyboard, v. 2012-03-22

Duokan Lite 2012 for Kindle 4 Non-Touch, v. 2012-03-22

Last edited by kiedis; 03-25-2012 at 12:33 PM.
kiedis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:41 AM   #377
HaReL
HaReL began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiedis View Post
Thanks, but the file is corrupted...
Only 23 Mb.
HaReL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #378
kiedis
kiedis doesn't litterkiedis doesn't litterkiedis doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaReL View Post
Thanks, but the file is corrupted...
Only 23 Mb.
Sorry mate and thanks. Fixed!

Last edited by kiedis; 03-25-2012 at 12:36 PM.
kiedis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #379
Rail
Rail began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
DXG + 3.2.1 + which version of Duokan

Guys, I am really stuck trying to install the latest Duokan on a newly upgraded Kindle DXG 3.2.1 (with the Kindle 3 image from piratebay) and would really appreciate some help at this point.

I copied the DK_System folder to Kindle root folder ok.
Then I tried each bin file from (k3)2012-03-14 C7096.rtm.zip package:
update_duokan_0b00a.bin
update_duokan_0b006.bin
update_duokan_0b008.bin
and none of them allowed to update my Kindle, the update option was greyed out.

My device has a B009 serial number, so it's kinda logical that those files shouldn't work, but then there's the question - how can I install the latest Duokan on a Kindle DXG 3.2.1?
Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:56 AM   #380
Rail
Rail began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
I got it, I got it, there's no way to install the latest Duokan on Kindle DXG 3.2.1!

Could anyone tell then what's the last version of duokan (either Full or Lite version) that actually can be installed on Kindle DXG 3.2.1?
Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2012, 09:23 AM   #381
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail View Post
what's the last version of duokan (either Full or Lite version) that actually can be installed on Kindle DXG 3.2.1?
latest duokan is here
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #382
donB006
Connoisseur
donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle k3G 3.4.2; DXG 2.5.8; DXG 3.1; Iriver Story HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail View Post
I got it, I got it, there's no way to install the latest Duokan on Kindle DXG 3.2.1!

Could anyone tell then what's the last version of duokan (either Full or Lite version) that actually can be installed on Kindle DXG 3.2.1?
I have Duokan 20 May 2011 installed on my DXG with 2.5.8 firmware. I would like to upgrade to firmware 3.1 and still have Duokan and maybe Duokan Lite. Could you please explain why you say there is no way to install Duokan Lite?

Is your DXG jailbroken? I had to remove the jailbreak to install Duokan because of the way the installation uses the trick to pass the Amazon signature check. I think there was a thread about triggering the installation with various scripts although I have forgotten the details among the many post I was skimming. Could you please explain your results and how you were prevented from installing Duokan Lite?

donB006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:26 AM   #383
Meralon
Meralon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle content

Is it possible to disable the kindle content (folder documents etc.) in Duokan 2012? I only want to see the content from the DK_* folders.
Meralon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:59 AM   #384
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meralon View Post
Is it possible to disable the kindle content (folder documents etc.) in Duokan 2012? I only want to see the content from the DK_* folders.
not the same thing but will solve your problem:
on home screen press X> folder view
Old 03-27-2012, 04:09 AM   #385
thomass
Wizard

Duokan for Kindle Touch ( in progress)

2012-03-26
list of books, directories, has been completed. There are two colleagues turned to the development of KT from k3 of the development of k4.

a video from sina.com.cn

quoted from this page

Last edited by thomass; 03-27-2012 at 04:15 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #386
jarhead
Enthusiast
jarhead began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi 3.2.1
I am having a problem figuring out how to create annotations. I read the translated Duokan 2012 manual, but still not able to do it. I'd appreciate if someone can explain it to me.
jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #387
thomass
Wizard

update R2.5

Not released yet

New features:
  • Support text PDF original style to do Shuzhai, annotations and cursor word; (currently supports vertical screen reading mode)
  • English capturing support the word in various forms, and the interpretation of the prototype display.
Improvements:
  • Optimized MOBI speed of the open, flip speed.
Fix the problem:
  • Lead to custom layouts can not be used after the repair to join the original style;
  • Fixes the users to provide certain special characters cause crash txt books open; ("train. Txt");
  • Repair in certain circumstances, txt books can not turn the page forward.

quoted from this page

Last edited by thomass; 03-30-2012 at 02:17 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:23 AM   #388
Kobudera
Hungarian
Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kindle
Hi!
I make the Hungarian translation of the duokan. I would like it if he would get into the one which can be downloaded officially. What is his manner?
Thank you!

You may look at it here: www.kindle3fan.blogspot.com

Last edited by Kobudera; 03-29-2012 at 06:26 AM.
Kobudera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #389
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobudera View Post
I make the Hungarian translation of the duokan. I would like it if he would get into the one which can be downloaded officially. What is his manner?
if you want official releases to include Hungarian translation, you should send an email to this address: kindleuser@duokan.com .
Old 03-30-2012, 07:40 AM   #390
Kobudera
Hungarian
Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kindle
Hello everyone, here the Hungarian translation!

Sziasztok, itt a magyar lokalizáció!
Remélem erre téved néhány magyar honfitársam.
Duokan-Hungarian.txt
Kobudera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf