Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.42%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.21%
haven't used yet 208 56.37%
Voters: 369. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #316
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by antartide View Post
Duokan open also .prc files if you rename in .mobi but is very slow to open (30'' for 400kb file)
Try to convert them to mobi via Calibre

Quote:
An other question, there were on the net the duokan source code? I love to develop =)))
source code isn't available yet.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #317
StreetGeek
StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: KO3
Any question why some of the files, mobi and epub when I open them up the font is not clear and crisp at all it's a little fuzz.
StreetGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #318
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
Quote:
An other question, there were on the net the duokan source code? I love to develop =)))
there was a discussion on their forum on open source:
http://bbs.duokan.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=53941

It is this thread that make me discard doukan. They have too many bugs and they don't have enough developers to fix them. The worst part is, I can not make it better even though I may have that ability.

There is an open source pdf reader for kindle though:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157047

Kindlepdfviwer is still under early development, but I think it is more promising because I can easily hack it. Now with my own hack, it is very usable for me. I use it to read alll the pdf files in my kindle.

BTW, the kindlepdfviwer will add djvu support soon. :-)

Last edited by dave2008; 02-29-2012 at 07:05 PM.
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #319
jarhead
Enthusiast
jarhead began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi 3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
Does anyone else have a problem with the battery charge display? Mine is showing 1% even though it is completely charged.
Anyone notice this or am I the only lucky one? The battery charge display constantly stays on 1%.
jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:41 AM   #320
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Anyone notice this or am I the only lucky one? The battery charge display constantly stays on 1%.
on my Kindle it is normal.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #321
liuhj
liuhj began at the beginning.

Device: K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by residentour View Post
How can I switch the "intelligent pdf view" to the previous R1.2's default one? I didn't like the new one and I still want to go on with R2.0.
Or you can describe the problems while using "intelligent pdf view" and help Duokan improve it

If it is the problem that no spaces between the English words, that will be fixed in recent release.
liuhj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #322
thomass
Wizard

update

Version: 2012-03-01.C6632.rtm
Update time: 2012.03.02

OTA update is available
Packages:
Fixed the following issues this week
  • English books, a word chosen words into the translation will be automatically added to the end of space problems.
  • The embarrassments Baike can not see the last one.
  • View the catalog, there will be embossing within the books
  • Books within the search results embossing.
  • Scanned version of the PDF the Aa menu, start smart rearrangements lead to error.
  • Menu menu sometimes overlap
  • Repair download interface shortcuts.
  • About the Book About the repair book download.

quoted from this page

see this post if you have any problem about installation or update

use this email address for your feedbacks: kindleuser@duokan.com

Last edited by thomass; 03-03-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #323
thermopyle
Enthusiast
thermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
there was a discussion on their forum on open source:
http://bbs.duokan.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=53941

It is this thread that make me discard doukan. They have too many bugs and they don't have enough developers to fix them. The worst part is, I can not make it better even though I may have that ability.
The only thing I REALLY like about Duokan is the folder view. If I could have a simple hack that just adds Folder View to the stock Kindle OS, it would be perfect to me. The collection nonsense just doesn't cut it and dumbs down the device tremendously to me and my family (we're all big readers here.)
thermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #324
antartide
antartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with others

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Version: 2012-03-01.C6632.rtm
Update time: 2012.03.02

OTA update is available
Packages:

How I can download it ? the website ask me an account...
I try to register but the emailthat i give is ever red =I
And a question, when I push on-off buttom on k4NT duokan give me an information over the screensaver (I think an info for the "I" icon in a circle) but it's in chinese ...do you now the meaning? I want to translate but I don't know how i can write chinese text with my qwerty keyb on google translate. There is a way (this is a little off topic i know)?

Last edited by antartide; 03-02-2012 at 12:16 PM.
antartide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #325
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Sorry for that. I'll try to provide a mirror.

EDIT: There is no problem about registration. ( tip: use chrome and click right> choose "translate to English" )

You can update through your Kindle menu>settings>check update

Quote:
And a question, when I push on-off buttom on k4NT duokan give me an information over the screensaver (I think an info for the "I" icon in a circle) but it's in chinese ...do you now the meaning? I want to translate but I don't know how i can write chinese text with my qwerty keyb on google translate. There is a way (this is a little off topic i know)?
no idea. but I can try to translate it if you can provide a clean photo

Last edited by thomass; 03-02-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #326
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Thomass, how long does the OTA upgrade take ? It seems to be downloading endlessly....
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #327
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Thomass, how long does the OTA upgrade take ? It seems to be downloading endlessly....
You can check the progress on menu> [B] Downloading

It takes several hours for me. (not remember exactly)

I usually used this way to update ( no problem)
Old 03-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #328
jarhead
Enthusiast
jarhead began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi 3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermopyle View Post
The only thing I REALLY like about Duokan is the folder view. If I could have a simple hack that just adds Folder View to the stock Kindle OS, it would be perfect to me. The collection nonsense just doesn't cut it and dumbs down the device tremendously to me and my family
Can someone please explain what a folder view is and how to use it and what is a collection? Thanks.
jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:09 AM   #329
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Can someone please explain what a folder view is and how to use it and what is a collection? Thanks.
A folder view is what you see when you are for instance using windows explorer. You see folders, and you can navigate in them. Well, Duokan has the same option. Which allows us to organize our books the way we want (per author, per genre, per whatever you wish) before copying the folders to the Kindle, Duokan will allow this "explorer view" and allow us to navigate in the folders.

A collection is a normal function offered by the Kindle to set collections of books and thus organize them. You can only put the books in a collection, which you could see as a one-level folder, but it is not a real folder organization. Many of us use the collection function to organize our book series, but are still missing the real folder view, and this is one of the very interesting function of Duokan.

@thomass: thanks a lot , you've been super helpful with your thread, it worked ! I originally had trouble installing Duokan on my K3 FW3.3 but re-jailbreaking and then unjailbreaking with the newest 0.10N version and factory resetting before installing Duokan did the trick in the end. After that, I saw that you had posted a newer version, but as the OTA indeed worked, I did not have to do much, just wait for it to be completed.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:24 AM   #330
liuhj
liuhj began at the beginning.

Device: K3
Quote:
it means "It will take few seconds to quit screen saver, please wait"
liuhj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf