Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-28-2014, 10:16 AM   #886
Vad-im
Vad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Glo
I already collected hundreds of books converting them all, is a pain in .... Trying to find another solution.
Vad-im is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:22 AM   #887
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Calibre will batch convert. Select all, convert, wait.

Alternatively, you could try Koreader.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2014, 10:36 AM   #888
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
I don't know that the Kobo Glo has ever said that it supports FB2. Is there a reason you don't just convert them to EPUB? That would seem to be the most robust solution.
I have never tried and FB2 file before, but I have just tried two. The Glo processed them both into library OK, but would only open one. It worked fine, but the other caused the Glo to restart. This one was converted from a test epub that has lots of fonts, unusual characters and several different types of images.

So, FB2 at least partly works. But, I agree with meeera. In the long term, converting to epub is a probably better.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #889
Vad-im
Vad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Calibre will batch convert. Select all, convert, wait.

Alternatively, you could try Koreader.
where do I get Caliber? or Koreader?
Vad-im is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:41 PM   #890
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Calibre is fully supported here at MobileRead. Look in the Calibre subforum.

It can be downloaded from http://calibre-ebook.com/
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2014, 10:46 AM   #891
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vad-im View Post
where do I get Caliber? or Koreader?
An install guide for KOreader and Coolreader. It includes links to tshering's "Kobo Start Menu".

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:48 PM   #892
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
The first post of the Direct Links thread has been updated for the 3.4.1 Mini-only release.

I'm calling this one the Mini-Me release.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:55 PM   #893
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
I'm calling this one the Mini-Me release.
I was wondering what you would use. That was one of my thoughts. The other was "Mark Twain".
Old 05-30-2014, 05:24 AM   #894
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I must be being dense today. Mark Twain?
Old 05-30-2014, 06:08 AM   #895
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."
Old 05-30-2014, 09:40 AM   #896
murg
No Comment

Oh...
Old 06-02-2014, 03:51 PM   #897
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."
Hi Davidfor !

Do you mean that someone has told you were dead ? if it's really what I've understood (I'm french with a bad english), I think it's a very bad joke ... and we are happy to see that are like the phoenix : you can reborn from ashes !
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:13 PM   #898
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
Hi Davidfor !

Do you mean that someone has told you were dead ? if it's really what I've understood (I'm french with a bad english), I think it's a very bad joke ... and we are happy to see that are like the phoenix : you can reborn from ashes !
Luckily no. Or maybe unluckily if I'm rising like a Phoenix. In any case, it is a misquote of something that Mark Twain said when a reporter was investigating his reported death. I thought it was apt for the Mini.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:13 AM   #899
Radium
The Alchemist
Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
How can I install the downloaded firmware 3.3.1 on Aura HD?
Radium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:14 PM   #900
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radium View Post
How can I install the downloaded firmware 3.3.1 on Aura HD?
Take the instructions in post #3 as your guide.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote