Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 06-20-2010, 02:09 PM   #1
treetotree
Connoisseur
treetotree has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.treetotree has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.treetotree has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.treetotree has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Kindle DXG,prs-350, wife k3
Where can I buy books??

I ordered a Jetbook Lite. Can't hardly wait for it to get here. In the meantime where can I buy New York Times best sellers to put on it?
treetotree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:11 PM   #2
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Now that Barnes & Nobles has gone to EPUB, I think the only place to buy is Ereader.com and Fictionwise.com (EReader format).
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
treetotree
Connoisseur
treetotree has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.treetotree has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.treetotree has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.treetotree has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thanks tselling
Old 06-20-2010, 03:58 PM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Right, I even got my first JBL from eReader.com. The thing is though, you will eventually want to remove any DRM, from the ebooks you purchase, even from those
in the DRM format that your device supports.

One of the main reasons I initially chose the JBL was that it would read all the Palm
.pdb ebooks that I had for my Pocket PC/GPS. I also wanted a reader that would
handle all the basic formats that ebooks were being offered in, the JBL does a very good
job in that regard. The important thing is the basic format support, as the DRM can
usually be removed.

There are a number of sources that offer ebooks in a number of formats. There are
even those selling very good, if not from the major publishing houses, DRM-Free ebooks.
More and more authors and small publishers are offering their ebooks from their own web
sites.

Then there are many free ebook sources, that can provide books in at least one of the
JBL's supported formats.

An important tool to keep in mind is Calibre, which has an output profile for the
"Jetbook 5-inch". It can convert most non-DRM formats to those supported by the JBL.
It includes options that let you correct the common issues with some of the ebooks you may encounter.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:11 PM   #5
kbrand
Enthusiast
kbrand began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 300
I asked that same question about 3 days ago.. Here is that thread. There were some real good replies.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87380
kbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2010, 05:42 PM   #6
treetotree
Connoisseur

WOW. That is an impressive list. I still have a couple of questions. It looks like the Aluratek & Jetbook are closely related. I see Borders is going to support Aluratek does that mean the Jetbook will be able to read books from the new Borders ebook store?
So in the past B&N books did work on jetbook but now they will not. Is that right tselling.

Last edited by treetotree; 06-21-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:35 AM   #7
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Same hardware, different software, so yeah, you could call them half brothers.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:35 PM   #8
Pranananda
Connoisseur
Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.

Device: ipad, iPod touch, JetBook Lite
Aluratek does PDF and EPUBS DRM, but Jetbook only does Ereader DRM.
Pranananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:17 PM   #9
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranananda View Post
Aluratek does PDF and EPUBS DRM, but Jetbook only does Ereader DRM.
Actually the "JetBook Lite" only does Ereader ERM. The original jetBook (not the Lite) doesn't do any DRM ebooks with 33g firmware. But with new 35a firmware it does Adobe EPUB DRM (and probably Adobe PDF DRM but I haven't checked any PDFs with DRM).
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:54 AM   #10
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Why buy books? There are loads of free ones out there.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:03 PM   #11
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
Why buy books? There are loads of free ones out there.
If you have a newsgroup provider with good retention and a yEnc decoding
reader or program (like yProxy) checkout the recent posts at:

alt.binaries.e-book.palm

for outlook express; just select a set of messages like the 79 that have
"Books.part29.rar" in their Subject and right click to select "Combine and Decode...".
This will download, combine and decode the set into a single .rar file
attachment that you can save. There are 29 of those sets that
make up the "About 5,000 books in pdb" library that "Silver" posted, two
days ago.

Luck;
Ken

P.S. If you understand how PAR2 works (I don't) you can probably
have an easier time of it.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:23 PM   #12
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
Tselling the ADE DRM support covers both ePub and PDF. I have confirmed that. It also supports active TOC for both formats when the TOC is installed in the Documents.

Note: just because you see a TOC doesn't mean that the creator of the e-book has generated an active TOC that can be used. You don't know until you try that option.

Also Text Flow On/Off is now supported for PDF. Until this Firmware the jetBook was in the same boat as most of the other e-reading device when it came to PDF on a small screen. You either got your eyes checked and pulled out the magnifying glass or you zoomed in and panned the screen.

And thanks to you we now have a serif font for reading ePubs.

This now puts the Regular jetBook ahead of the Aluratek Libre Pro.

PS: and I just bought an ALP two weeks before because of the PDF issue.

John
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote