Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-01-2015, 04:12 PM   #1
anothermoi
anothermoi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Change FN LN to Ln, FN when adding?

I've successfully organized my library to use LN, FN for both author name and sort tag by following directions found in Calibre's manual but can't seem to get author name to swap when adding a new book. I have the "swap author name" box checked on the import books screen and have saved and restarted Calibre but new books still have FN LN in the author.

Can this be done automatically or am I missing something?

TIA
anothermoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:05 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothermoi View Post
I've successfully organized my library to use LN, FN for both author name and sort tag by following directions found in Calibre's manual but can't seem to get author name to swap when adding a new book. I have the "swap author name" box checked on the import books screen and have saved and restarted Calibre but new books still have FN LN in the author.

Can this be done automatically or am I missing something?

TIA
Settings like that only apply to NEW adds. All existing books stay as they were unless you change them.

Use the Quality check PI to Fix Author names in those (selected) records
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2015, 05:24 PM   #3
anothermoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Settings like that only apply to NEW adds. All existing books stay as they were unless you change them.

Use the Quality check PI to Fix Author names in those (selected) records
I was referring to new adds not working - I've already converted the entire library to LN, FN
Old 07-01-2015, 05:53 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothermoi View Post
I was referring to new adds not working - I've already converted the entire library to LN, FN
That setting is sorta stupid
If the books metadata is already Ln,Fn it will still flip it
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 06:03 PM   #5
anothermoi

It's not flipping for me - just added a new book and the author name is unchanged (FN LN). Not a big deal to change it manually but I thought checking the "swap" box would do it automatically.

Thanks anyway...
Advert