Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-16-2010, 12:36 AM   #1
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Eternity's End, Nebula-nominated SF by Jeffrey A. Carver

Hi folks -- I've put a new edition of my novel Eternity's End up for sale at Kindle | Smashwords | Barnes and Noble, with eventual migration to Sony, Kobo, Diesel, and Apple. Originally published in print by Tor Books. It's got a cover by Pat Ryan that I think is terrific:

Here's the book description, and a couple of review quotes:

Star pilot Renwald Legroeder undertakes a search for the legendary ghost ship Impris and her passengers and crew—whose fate is entwined with interstellar piracy, quantum defects in space-time, galactic coverup conspiracies, and deep-cyber romance. Nominated for the Nebula Award—a novel of the Star Rigger Universe, from the author of The Chaos Chronicles.

Quotes:

"A mesmerizing tale of human perseverance and courage under pressure that updates the legend of the Flying Dutchman." —Library Journal

"True love, cognitive dissonance, divisions among the enemy, ambitious schemes, another mission—this one deeper than anyone has ever gone before into the substrata of the Flux—and a final resolution that leaves the reader both breathless and satisfied." —Analog

"Carver never runs out of new plot twists to keep the reader coming back for more." —The Washington Post

I've priced it at $4.99, which is a little higher than my Chaos books (it's a big book), but considerably less than any of my publisher-released ebooks. Free sample available on my downloads page.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:19 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
A wonderfully colourful cover, Jeffrey
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New version uploaded

I've just finished uploading a corrected book file for Eternity's End at Smashwords, Kindle, and Nook. The text is unchanged, but some formatting is corrected. It seems in following the style guide for Smashwords, I inadvertently lost a lot of italics--and italics are important in this book for signifying communication among riggers.

What a pain to fix. But it is fixed now. If you bought it in an earlier edition, I hope you'll be able to download the corrected version without any trouble. But if not, please don't hesitate to ping me, and I'll take care of it personally.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:35 AM   #4
rdjack21
Groupie
rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elocity A7, Nook STR, Galaxy Nexus
I may have to pick this one up as well. I'll see how the Dragon Space omnibus goes first though.
rdjack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:54 AM   #5
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjack21 View Post
I may have to pick this one up as well. I'll see how the Dragon Space omnibus goes first though.
Oops--hi again.

The sequence isn't that important, but the dragon books do take place first in the future history, so in that sense you're taking them in the right order. Eternity's End feels a bit closer to hard SF; the dragon books a bit closer to fantasy. But they're all in a consistent SF universe.