Yes, always. 0 0%
Sometimes. 4 9.76%
Never, it's too distracting. 28 68.29%
It wastes battery power I listen to my stereo. 9 21.95%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2009, 12:24 PM   #1
demoric
Kindle 2 User
demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
Post Do you listen to music on the kindle while reading?

Do you listen to music while reading on the Kindle?

I was just curious as to how many people use this feature, also if you do please post the genre(s) that you listen to while reading.

Last edited by demoric; 07-15-2009 at 12:27 PM.
demoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #2
drzeller
drzeller has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PC, Windows Mobile Phones
Bad choices! What if you don't, but it is not because it is annoying?! I just don't happen to do it.

D.
drzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2009, 01:34 PM   #3
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
NOt really. I got a laptop for music.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Depends upon what I am reading.

If I am reading something which requires me to think to understand the content (Chomsky, John Ralston Saul), then no music. If it's harry potter, I'll have music on
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:36 AM   #5
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I prefer quiet while I am reading
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2009, 11:57 PM   #6
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Hmmm.... this was an interesting poll. I have never listened to music from my reader while I was reading, but I tried it today and I think I may be addicted! What a great idea! I don't always listen to music when I'm reading, but I have found that it helps my mind from wondering while in the middle of a book, so this is perfect solution for me.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:12 PM   #7
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Anything with words makes it impossible for me to concentrate. I could read with, say, classical music on, but don't bother. If I were trapped with a loud talker while I was trying to read I might use instrumental music to drown them out. But I would use my iPod for that rather than taking up perfectly good Kindle memory that could be holding books with big music files.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:33 AM   #8
demoric
Kindle 2 User
demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
Hmmm.... this was an interesting poll. I have never listened to music from my reader while I was reading, but I tried it today and I think I may be addicted! What a great idea! I don't always listen to music when I'm reading, but I have found that it helps my mind from wondering while in the middle of a book, so this is perfect solution for me.
I enjoy it myself. I tend to listen to music and read if I'm really stressed. It helps me relax. I usually listen to classical or jazz when reading a book. However back when I used to read dead tree textbooks I'd listen to Rock to keep from getting too bored. I have enjoyed the playback function on the kindle because now no matter where I'm at I can read and relax. (It's been really cool since my wife bought me a hammock).
demoric is offline   Reply With Quote