Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-22-2009, 03:37 PM   #31
RSaunders
Groupie
RSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
As a 500 user who's looking at a 505, I don't really understand all of the cover issues. I understand Sony uses a plastic pin on an L shaped tab to hold the spine of the Reader into the cover. Why wouldn't a metal one work as well (or better)? Why do you want to hold the spine of the Reader to the cover, rather than the back, for the non-tri-covers? For the tri-cover, is the right flap less wide than the Reader? It appears to be a couple of cm less wide, allowing a 2cm velcro strip on the left edge of the back of the Reader to hold the tri-cover while allowing the flap to go behind the Reader.

Frankly, the 500 leather cover is one of it's best accessories. It seems odd to have gone backwards and remained there so long.
RSaunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:56 PM   #32
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookfiend View Post
I just received the i-nique Tuff Luv case, and am very happy with it. If you're in the UK, it's an especially good deal, since the company is located there. Their site is at http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/d=...=5055205240633.
Yep, I have had one of these for a while now and am really happy with it. It doesn't really add any bulk to the reader (still seems to fit in all the pockets it did before buying this) and it just seems to provide a bit more protection for the reader. It also seems well made and all the cut out sections coincide exactly with the controls on the reader.

Finally, it has built in SD card holders (useful) and a little stand at the back that allows you to prop the reader up. I can use this to keep on reading while I wash, clean my teeth, go to the toi....OK, too much information, but it's a useful feature for me.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert