Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-30-2009, 11:58 AM   #16
Matt Horne
Matt Horne began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
yeah my tri-fold also arrived yesterday... its very very nice..
Matt Horne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:12 PM   #17
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
My Tri-fold case arrived today and I have just put it on the Reader. It seems much happier (and more secure) in the tri-fold as sides are protected. I'd recommend it.
Waaaaaah! I want a tri-fold!

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2009, 01:53 AM   #18
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Waaaaaah! I want a tri-fold!

Sayhello
So sad

Still not selling them outside the UK?! That is so strange. Maybe they think people here are more accident prone.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:53 PM   #19
Kallel00
Kallel00 began at the beginning.

Device: PSR-505
Is the "premium leather cover" sold at SonyStyle any different than the one that's included with the book?

Are the clips as fragile?
Kallel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:15 PM   #20
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallel00 View Post
Is the "premium leather cover" sold at SonyStyle any different than the one that's included with the book?

Are the clips as fragile?
I think so. I don't know if I'd say they are fragile though, most people don't have a problem with them.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2009, 04:05 PM   #21
bookfiend
Enthusiast
bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Forma
I just received the i-nique Tuff Luv case, and am very happy with it. If you're in the UK, it's an especially good deal, since the company is located there. Their site is at http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/d=...=5055205240633.
bookfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:36 PM   #22
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookfiend View Post
I just received the i-nique Tuff Luv case, and am very happy with it.
How much bulk does it add to the reader?
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:57 AM   #23
bookfiend
Enthusiast
bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
How much bulk does it add to the reader?
None at all. It feels as slim as it did with the original cover. Maybe even more compact, since it buttons shut.
bookfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:57 PM   #24
ax42
ax42 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Horne View Post
Hi,

So I have used it for the last couple of days.. on the train and at home, took it out of my bag last night to find the plastics tabs which attach to the cover had all broken.. basically (as I am sure it is on all the sony made covers) they are very small L shape tabs.

It looks like the weight of the reader just broke them (possibly due to the cover being a bit bigger than the reader so it hangs more than say in the normal one.. and the stress just broke the fixings.

So back to waterstones it went this morning.. the sales assistant (same one who sold it to me) then said.. oh yes.. thats the third one we have had back. and she then apologised for not warning me when I bought it.
Mine did the same - broke on the first evening And I'm only in the UK for the day so not much chance to get a refund - Bah. Would not recommend to anyone to buy the Sony leather cover.
ax42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:32 PM   #25
Cassy
Zealot
Cassy began at the beginning.

Device: Silver Sony PRS 505
I would love a Tri-fold cover if only it came in other colours
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:55 AM   #26
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy View Post
I would love a Tri-fold cover if only it came in other colours
I got used to the orange, eventually.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:40 AM   #27
Cassy
Zealot
Cassy began at the beginning.

Device: Silver Sony PRS 505
I love the orange inside, its the boring black i'm not so happy with
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:53 AM   #28
Curly
I need a holiday!

Well, I got used to that too!

Seriously, there are a lot of different cases out there. Hope you find one that suits you!
Old 04-19-2009, 06:05 AM   #29
ax42
ax42 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
Follow-up to my broken cover. I decided to go the velcro route - broke the spine out completely and attached the reader with self-adhesive velcro tape (fuzzy side on reader, hooks on cover). Works fine.

As others have commented, the lack of metal in the cover means the magnetic closure doesn't work as for the original brown cover, but that doesn't bother me in my usage.
ax42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:19 PM   #30
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ax42 View Post
Follow-up to my broken cover. I decided to go the velcro route - broke the spine out completely and attached the reader with self-adhesive velcro tape (fuzzy side on reader, hooks on cover). Works fine.

As others have commented, the lack of metal in the cover means the magnetic closure doesn't work as for the original brown cover, but that doesn't bother me in my usage.
Did you put the velcro on the spine of the cover/reader, or on the back? I am SO upset, because the tab on my *replacement* tri-fold cover just broke off, and I really don't want to buy a third cover... unless maybe those expensive, but gorgeous leather covers come out for the 505 soon...

Anywho, I'm used to tucking the right-hand flap behind the reader while reading, and that wouldn't work if the velcro was on the back. I'm not happy!

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote