Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 12-18-2014, 11:24 AM   #1
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
How to listen....

How do I listen to library audio books on my phone. My ipod died today.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:35 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You can download the audible app and the Overdrive app (if you have access to a library that has Overdrive audiobooks).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2014, 11:44 AM   #3
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I found the app but for some freaking reason my phone is not a suuported device for the book I want to listen to. UGH!
Old 12-18-2014, 11:44 AM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
How do I listen to library audio books on my phone. My ipod died today.
Oh no

What phone do you have?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:48 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Probably an iPhone that doesn't work with WMA audiobooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2014, 11:49 AM   #6
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

Download the app to my computer and it will not work either. UGH

I am almost ready to buy the freaking book.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:59 AM   #7
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

Tubemonkey

I have a Mustang Z998.

Only reason I had an iPod was because it once belonged to my son. When they came out with the iPon touch I got him that and took the nano.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:29 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Tubemonkey

I have a Mustang Z998.

Only reason I had an iPod was because it once belonged to my son. When they came out with the iPon touch I got him that and took the nano.
What format was the audiobook you wanted?
Old 12-18-2014, 12:33 PM   #9
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

it is WMA
Old 12-18-2014, 12:34 PM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Probably an iPhone that doesn't work with WMA audiobooks.
WMA audiobooks from OverDrive are sometimes incompatible with Apple devices; but always incompatible with Android devices.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:37 PM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
it is WMA
WMA OverDrive audiobooks never work on Android devices. You can only check out MP3 audiobooks with your phone. You'll need a compatible MP3 player like a Sansa Clip in order to listen to WMA.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:40 PM   #12
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

UGH!

I thought it would play on my computer and it doesn't either. Guess I am out of luck.

Thanks for the help
Old 12-18-2014, 12:54 PM   #13
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
UGH!

I thought it would play on my computer and it doesn't either. Guess I am out of luck.

Thanks for the help
What OS is your computer -- Windows, Mac, Chrome, Linux?

WMA OD audiobooks play on my Windows computer.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:57 PM   #14
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

I have a Windows 7 64 bit

I click on the book and nothing happens. I opened Windows Media Player and tried to drop the book in there and nothing happened.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:03 PM   #15
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I have a Windows 7 64 bit

I click on the book and nothing happens. I opened Windows Media Player and tried to drop the book in there and nothing happened.
You need to play the book through OverDrive for Windows. Do you have that program installed on your computer?