Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-22-2014, 03:33 PM   #1
David58117
Groupie
David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, K4NT (To Wife), Nook ST, NSTG
Anyone else happy with their voyage?

I picked it up yesterday and have about eight hours read on it so far. I bought the official Amazon case, and surprisingly think it's brilliant (I was one of those who thought flipping up was a stupid idea for an ebook case).

I do have a slight color gradient change, but easily not notice it once I'm reading. The contrast and clarity is just so much better than my PW 2, that I'm ecstatic and even read longer without the eye strain I usually would get on my PW 2.

All together I'm much more happy with the voyage than I am against it.

Anybody else?
David58117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:58 PM   #2
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
So far I am happy with mine, but I will give it a day or two until I come to any firm conclusions. So far, I have only read it for about an hour under medium indoor lighting. Have not had a chance to try it in the dark.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2014, 05:15 PM   #3
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Yup! My screen is fine and I really like the page turn squeezers, the haptic feedback, and the origami cover. I'm also very glad to go back to a 4 gig device and not have to be at all concerned about space anymore.

Unfortunately Dropbox still does not work in the browser, so it's the same old bad browser. And for the love of Gutenberg there has to be a better way to manage collections for non-Kindle items; having to do it manually really sucks.

Oh, one other thing, though I don't know if it's good or bad. The "search for zzyzx" thing to see how many books are indexing doesn't seem to work anymore. I tried it right after I added about 15 books, and all I got was zero results. Though I may be forgetting some trick to this.

I also didn't realize that little dot on the upper left was the light sensor Glad to know it isn't a smudge!
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:22 PM   #4
yarnmama
Constant Reader
yarnmama doesn't litteryarnmama doesn't litteryarnmama doesn't litter

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Voyage, Oasis
I am happy with mine. I am just eagerly awaiting the jail break code.
yarnmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:41 PM   #5
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitearrow View Post
I also didn't realize that little dot on the upper left was the light sensor Glad to know it isn't a smudge!
I figured that out when the light dimmed when my finger covered that corner while I was reading.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2014, 06:29 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Oh, one other thing, though I don't know if it's good or bad. The "search for zzyzx" thing to see how many books are indexing doesn't seem to work anymore. I tried it right after I added about 15 books, and all I got was zero results. Though I may be forgetting some trick to this.
Gotta love the latest crop of "improvements".

I vote bad -- there was no harm and it could come in useful.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:32 PM   #7
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
I've only used it a couple of hours, but so far I'm happy with it. I know there are a lot of people who aren't, but either my standards aren't all that high or I got a good one. Like I said in my post in the first impressions thread, it's a big improvement over my PW1.
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:56 PM   #8
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
The "search for zzyzx" thing to see how many books are indexing doesn't seem to work anymore.
I just learned the trick recently so it is fresh - after clicking the search icon, to the left of the search box there is a drop down list (on open it show my items), change it to All Text and then do your "zzyzx" thing.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:57 PM   #9
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarnmama View Post
I am happy with mine. I am just eagerly awaiting the jail break code.
Ditto, as long as mine is a keeper.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:13 PM   #10
yarnmama
Constant Reader
yarnmama doesn't litteryarnmama doesn't litteryarnmama doesn't litter

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Voyage, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
Ditto, as long as mine is a keeper.
I just hate the stock screensavers and can't wait to add my own plus my other little pet hacks.
yarnmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:16 PM   #11
tamborine
Connoisseur
tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Aura One, Kindle Fire HD
I'm happy!
tamborine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:21 PM   #12
jswinden
Nameless Being

I'll probably keep mine, but it is far from perfect. The PT buttons are not well placed and not that good--too many accidental page turns, too low on the bezel. The screen is too blue in tint when lit. But they did greatly improve the text contrast and sharpness. I will have to thoroughly test it over the next several days, but I will probably keep it even though it should be a heck of lot better for this price point.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:28 PM   #13
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
I just learned the trick recently so it is fresh - after clicking the search icon, to the left of the search box there is a drop down list (on open it show my items), change it to All Text and then do your "zzyzx" thing.
Ahh, you're totally right, that's it. I see the number to be indexed now. I knew there was a trick.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:29 PM   #14
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarnmama View Post
I just hate the stock screensavers and can't wait to add my own plus my other little pet hacks.
After the changes to the screensavers circa PW1, I'm happy with those ATM, but I do have my own "other little pet hacks". I have the screensaver hack on my K3 and love it (I think on my K2, too). Later I may go for the screensaver hack, just not now.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:31 PM   #15
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Ahh, you're totally right, that's it. I see the number to be indexed now. I knew there was a trick.
Great! In a month or two, maybe a year, when I've forgotten it again you can remind me.