Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-01-2011, 09:01 PM   #16
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Have you had a chance to try it?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:08 PM   #17
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Thank you retro I got the free activation code (Author Promotion) and tried it on a PDF -- Bingo! Was able to crop the headers and the margins and got a nice looking epub. Some words run together but that's no biggie. Much MUCH better than using the PDF reflow feature in my reader.

This is a nice way to start the new year.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #18
trishkit
trishkit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trishkit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trishkit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trishkit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trishkit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trishkit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trishkit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trishkit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trishkit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trishkit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trishkit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kobo original, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Was able to download it today (Jan 2). I thought I saw a notice that said it would be free for the first 20,000 downloads, so perhaps it will be available for a while.

I was just able to convert a very messy pdf into a beautiful epub without any special skills other than the ability to press a button or two!
trishkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:26 PM   #19
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Have you had a chance to try it?
It seems to work quite well, better than Calibre and Mobicreator anyway. I haven't read anything I've converted yet, but it seems to pick up most of the false paragraph starts at the beginning of pages.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:34 PM   #20
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
If it works better than calibre, I'm all for it... [no slight to calibre intended]
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #21
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
I keep getting a 'can't open this pdf' message, no matter which pdf I try. Hmm. =/
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:20 PM   #22
omahawildcat
Enthusiast
omahawildcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
I keep getting a 'can't open this pdf' message, no matter which pdf I try. Hmm. =/
I get the same on all ebooks I have. I can convert other pdfs I have but not ebooks.
I'm guessing pdf ebooks that are purchased from bookstores or from public libraries are encrypted so you can't get into them.
omahawildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:25 PM   #23
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Hmmm. So I need to try one that's unlocked. Thanks =)
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #24
screwballl
NewKindler
screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3 Wifi
I tried it on over 10 different PDFs (most of which I made myself)... some said "unable to open PDF", the rest came back with "errors parsing HTML elements".... useless program. Calibre is the only program I found that can convert them, even though the layouts are messed up, at least they are usable.
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote