Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-18-2023, 10:48 AM   #2881
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by isarl View Post
Note that when browsing the Authors view you can already choose to browse by first or last name without any metadata trickery.
sorry for late response.

Subtitle looks good to me. I only wonder why Series is switched on independent whether it is flagged or not on “Metadata, on device & advanced”. So Series are on when subtitle is on. Strange but ok for me.

My initial request is to get authors ordered by first name when I open "My Books - Authors" and similar in collection.

But they are ordered by last name although the naming is proper set.
e.g. Bob Adam would be shown before Alan Bloom when I do not use a trick.

In the past I combined first and last name with ALT160 unbreakable space and therefore Kobo treat this as one name and sorting was perfect for me. While my old GloHD still works the same, my Aura one needs a new trick. I assume that new author view function started to ignore ALT160.

Underscore with help from Chaley (and I will add your "re" as well) works well. Of course I cannot sort by last name anymore and it looks different to before. But that is the price I am willing to pay.

Last edited by Katja_hbg; 04-18-2023 at 10:54 AM.
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 02:27 AM   #2882
Parzival
Parzival began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura N514
I have a Kobo Aura N514 device. Does this plugin create a compatible text for my device when I convert it to ePUB format? If so, should I use this plugin?
Parzival is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2023, 03:00 AM   #2883
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parzival View Post
I have a Kobo Aura N514 device. Does this plugin create a compatible text for my device when I convert it to ePUB format? If so, should I use this plugin?
Yes. When this is enabled, uploading a book to device sends a kepub.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 04:22 PM   #2884
usernameforbidde
usernameforbidde began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Yes. When this is enabled, uploading a book to device sends a kepub.
Looking at my device, seems I've managed to do this exactly once. 99% of the time, I get a standard epub.

It's so confusing that "send specific format" doesn't list it. How are you supposed to check why it's not working?
usernameforbidde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 04:28 PM   #2885
isarl
Addict
isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameforbidde View Post
Looking at my device, seems I've managed to do this exactly once. 99% of the time, I get a standard epub.

It's so confusing that "send specific format" doesn't list it. How are you supposed to check why it's not working?
Did you disable the KoboTouch driver to ensure you're definitely using KoboTouchExtended?
isarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2023, 08:15 AM   #2886
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
This might be a generic Calibre question, but in case it is related to the KoboTouchExtended driver...

I'm often making small corrections to books in Calibre - stylesheets, typos, etc - and then forgetting (sigh) to resend them to my Kobo.

Is there any way to automatically identify those books that have been updated since being sent?
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 10:35 AM   #2887
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
This might be a generic Calibre question, but in case it is related to the KoboTouchExtended driver...

I'm often making small corrections to books in Calibre - stylesheets, typos, etc - and then forgetting (sigh) to resend them to my Kobo.

Is there any way to automatically identify those books that have been updated since being sent?
What you want is the Reading List plugin. You can configure it to add book to a list and then send them to your Kobo when you plug it in. It's what I do so I don't have to remember what books I want to send to my Kobo.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 02:27 AM   #2888
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What you want is the Reading List plugin. You can configure it to add book to a list and then send them to your Kobo when you plug it in. It's what I do so I don't have to remember what books I want to send to my Kobo.
Thanks!

I think it would be ideal if the "On device" column had a third state to indicate if the book's been updated since being copied, but manually adding stuff to a reading list should help.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 04:15 AM   #2889
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
Thanks!

I think it would be ideal if the "On device" column had a third state to indicate if the book's been updated since being copied, but manually adding stuff to a reading list should help.
I read fanfics on my device. Fanfics frequently update. I figured out a system for this.

I have a custom #kobodate column. (I also have a column icon that shows up if it's older than the fanfic-updated date.)

Note the Send to Device status. This is set with Reading List.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-06-12 05_11_32-Window.png
Views:	41
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	201967

Whenever I re-send a book on device, I run this Action Chain: It runs two Kobo Utilities actions (update TOC & restore bookmarks), updates the collections, status, and date column, then updates the cached metadata (ignore the red text, my device isn't connected right now).

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-06-12 05_13_39-Add actions.png
Views:	44
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	201968

Last edited by ownedbycats; 06-12-2023 at 04:18 AM.
Old 06-12-2023, 04:45 AM   #2890
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's not needed to update the ToC or restore bookmarks in most cases of updating an eBook on the device.
Old 06-12-2023, 04:53 AM   #2891
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
It's not needed to update the ToC or restore bookmarks in most cases of updating an eBook on the device.
Most fanfic updates are adding new chapters, which changes the ToC. Additionally, I restore the bookmark to update the percent-read figure on the device.

But for regular books, it's usually not necessary unless you were editing the ToC itself.
Old 06-12-2023, 05:21 AM   #2892
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Most fanfic updates are adding new chapters, which changes the ToC. Additionally, I restore the bookmark to update the percent-read figure on the device.

But for regular books, it's usually not necessary unless you were editing the ToC itself.
I do agree that fanfic will need more updating then novels.
Old 06-12-2023, 05:33 AM   #2893
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I found it needful to send a new TOC to my Kobos any time I make a structural change. (Change the order, split or remove a file. I have no need for inline TOC up front,Sample chapters confused me into thinking 'have read', so I trim down to just the announcement. ) A now, missing TOC item cause my Kobo to lock up when I attempt to next section
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 06:52 AM   #2894
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
If you make any changes to the book more complex than spelling changes, likely you will need to update the TOC to keep the device from crashing when you change to a chapter that wasn't there before.

To say that "most cases doesn't need TOC update" is harmful to the unaware.
To update the TOC on device when it doesn't need it is harmless.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 07:06 AM   #2895
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
If you make any changes to the book more complex than spelling changes, likely you will need to update the TOC to keep the device from crashing when you change to a chapter that wasn't there before.

To say that "most cases doesn't need TOC update" is harmful to the unaware.
To update the TOC on device when it doesn't need it is harmless.
Yes, it is harmless to update the ToC when it doesn't need it. But I'd only update the ToC if I made any changes to the ToC.

Tags
error, kobo aura one