Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 01:25 PM   #121
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Mobileread - for the movable type
Okay, this one gets my vote -- just for the pun alone!
Old 12-18-2007, 01:30 PM   #122
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I didn't check, but 'movable type' might be a trademark.
Advert
Old 12-18-2007, 01:39 PM   #123
amaysingstories
amaysingstories is on a distinguished road

Device: Palm Tungsten T
The Last Update, I think . . . .

Hello, all.

Here is the (most likely) final, definitive versions of my submission. I have gotten the color scheme to match the site well now, I've simplified the original art, and I've moved the digitizing effect further up the lefthand page so that it is obvious now that it is indeed a page forming out of bits, even at low resolutions.

Submitted here are three sizes of the color version and three sizes of the vectorized version.

Thank you all for the support I've already received, and I hope you all like the logos!

V/R,
Tom Mays

PS: Moderator or site-gurus, as I don't want to take up too much bandwidth, you may delete any of my redundant previous entries (or let me know if I should). Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MobileRead Logo b4.png
Views:	770
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	8007   Click image for larger version

Name:	MobileRead Logo b.JPG
Views:	770
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	8010  
Attached Images

Last edited by amaysingstories; 12-18-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:55 PM   #124
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Great art, Tom. One suggestion: A logo is usually in the top left of a page, right? I don't know, but to me the angle of the book seems wrong. What if you rotated the whole logo by 45 degree counterclockwise? Like I said, I don't know.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:21 PM   #125
amaysingstories

Different Angle

See, I knew it wouldn't be the last. Here are two different views, in the vein of what you were saying (I think). I prefer the original aspect on my last/first submission, but the customer (or judges in this case) are always right. If you meant something else, just let me know.

V/R,
Tom Mays
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MobileRead Logo b angle.jpg
Views:	769
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	8013   Click image for larger version

Name:	MobileRead Logo b reverse.jpg
Views:	751
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	8014  
Advert
Old 12-18-2007, 03:31 PM   #126
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Hey amaysingstories it looks nice!

Mind if I add an idea? The little squares could be drawn to resemble books or on an other tack, ones and zeros to make it look more 'digital'.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:38 PM   #127
JohnsnowNW
JohnsnowNW began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Mobileread - for the pocketbook.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:44 PM   #128
JohnsnowNW
JohnsnowNW began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad83 View Post
MobileRead: Promoting eLiteracy
I like it!
Old 12-18-2007, 04:07 PM   #129
Infrid
Infrid began at the beginning.

Device: Cellulose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Reminds me of the Rorschach inkblot test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
They're visually very interesting, Infrid, and the idea is intriguing. I'm wondering if they might be a bit too complex to scale well, though.
they are live ink stain (i play with ink like a children ), is all in vector format, so i can easly resize the image and render a bitmap for the site.
i think the real revolution is not the ebook itself but the new e-ink technology.

is like the portable mp3 reader, early models are very slow (parallel interface), expensive and have poor suond quality. now mp3 readers replace cd readers and you can buy it for few euro with a discrete suond quality.

here my second work, the base of logo is a book with some rays and radio waves.

P.S. here my first work
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=90
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Infrid'd Logos 2.png
Views:	766
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	8018   Click image for larger version

Name:	Infrid's Logos 3.png
Views:	779
Size:	187.5 KB
ID:	8019  
Old 12-18-2007, 04:11 PM   #130
amaysingstories

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Hey amaysingstories it looks nice!

Mind if I add an idea? The little squares could be drawn to resemble books or on an other tack, ones and zeros to make it look more 'digital'.

That's a good idea. I might see about doing something like that for the big version, but I worry that adding any more complexity would render them illegible at the 64x48 pixel area. I'll see if I can gen something up.

V/R,
Tom Mays
Old 12-18-2007, 05:17 PM   #131
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I like the one on the right in post #125 a lot more than the others. It was surprising to me how much of a difference the change in orientation made.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:42 PM   #132
sandman1080
sandman1080 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Wink Feedback on my Logo?

Any thoughts or suggestions on my earlier Post #114?

Pretty please?
Old 12-19-2007, 05:40 AM   #133
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
I didn't check, but 'movable type' might be a trademark.
I think it's ok as a term - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movable_type

Although it was my suggestion, it was a tongue-in-cheek one - having a pun as a logo tends to wear thin after a while (don't vote for it!).
There have been better suggestions imho.

The only alternate I could think of was:

Mobileread - from the printing press to the finger press
Old 12-19-2007, 08:54 AM   #134
strugglingwriter
strugglingwriter began at the beginning.

Tagline
MobileRead - Where the book isn't dead, it's just shinier.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:56 AM   #135
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Mobileread: because literature is too important to leave on the shelf.
Closed Thread