Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-27-2012, 11:17 PM   #931
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewH View Post
Will that be the last one? If not, do we know how many more are due?

I recently started this series, I'm currently on the second book, Fool Moon.
Dresden has mentioned in interviews that he is planning on writing 20 novels, like the ones to date, but will end the series with a "Big Apocalyptic Trilogy".

So, that would be 23 books in all.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:35 PM   #932
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I'm on #5, Death Masks, and Butcher seems to be reaching a bit in this one--throwing out pop culture references like a rock band name-dropping local landmarks, and the villains have a certain anime/comic book familiarity. Also, the two new "good guys" are embarrassing ethnic stereotypes. It's still a good read, but a step down from Summer Knight, which was a step down from Grave Peril. I'm hoping the trend reverses and there are more stand-outs like Grave Peril down the line.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #933
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
July? It's not due out until January 2013.
That's when he's supposed to turn in his first manuscript, of course there's the whole edititing process after he turns in the manuscript...

Is the January date confirmed by the publisher or still just a guess from Amazon?

Edit: Apparently it isn't confirmed, see this FAQ on the official Forums. The people there are very good at getting their facts about things like that right, there's several beta readers (and personal friends of Jim I think) posting there too.

Last edited by Abtacha; 06-28-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #934
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The date of January 2013 came from Fantastic Fiction and they are usually correct.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #935
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Now that I'm back reading again, I was going to jump right back in with Changes, but decided to make myself wait to lessen the gap while waiting for the next book. I feel like I'm rationing cookies.

In the meantime, I'm not without other choices. A couple thousand, actually. Just delved into my first China Mieville with Embassytown. The first few pages I thought I wasn't going to like it but I'm now a third of the way through and enjoying it.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #936
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The date of January 2013 came from Fantastic Fiction and they are usually correct.
Oh well, here's me hoping they are wrong this time and it comes a bit earlier.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #937
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abtacha View Post
Oh well, here's me hoping they are wrong this time and it comes a bit earlier.
I don't find January 2013 to be too long a wait if it is correct.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #938
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes Jon, but you are not normal!

I wish I had your patience....
Old 06-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #939
Abtacha
Addict

Quote:
It's not much longer than Fall or Winter this year, but it would mean there isn't a Dresden Files book this year. Never said I'm entirely rational about it.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #940
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool New series takes place in the same universe as The Dresden Files

Quote:
Date: Sun Apr 1, 2012 4:44 am
Subject: Jim's Next Series!

Back in December, Jim talked about two new series he was auditioning, a high fantasy saga and a steampunk series. However, there was a third simmering on the back burner, and it's since shoved its way to the fore. We can now announce Jim's next series: A paranormal romance series, starring Bigfoot!

"The plan was to start writing COLD DAYS early this year," Butcher explains, "but as I was finishing the trio of Bigfoot shorts, in which Bigfoot is Harry's client, I realized there was so much more in his world I wanted to write. It really consumed my brain. The betas are eating it up, so I'm hoping the fans dig it, too."

Jim credits his wife Shannon, author of over a dozen romantic suspense and paranormal romance novels, with the inspiration for his new direction. "Bigfoot is basically just an alpha male, exaggerated: Big, strong, hairy, and isn't much for ballet. Makes him a good candidate for romance. "

While this new series takes place in the same universe as The Dresden Files, it will focus on entirely new characters. However, be on the lookout for the occasional familiar face!

Look for GREAT NORTH PASSION in stores October 2nd, 2012. Its sequel, LAND OF THE MIDNIGHT DESIRE is expected in Fall 2013.

Last edited by alansplace; 07-01-2012 at 03:07 PM. Reason: fix link
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #941
Abtacha
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Just so no one gets a heart attack: that was an april fool.

The part about the Bigfoot short stories is true though.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #942
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Caught!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abtacha View Post
Just so no one gets a heart attack: that was an april fool.

The part about the Bigfoot short stories is true though.

CAUGHT ME!!

Last edited by alansplace; 07-01-2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason: fix text
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #943
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
LOL!!
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #944
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Yes Jon, but you are not normal!

I wish I had your patience....
You don't need patience. You just need what I have, a large TBR.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #945
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
You don't need patience. You just need what I have, a large TBR.
Oh, I do...I just don't like waiting.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy