Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-29-2012, 05:04 AM   #1
Len666
Enthusiast
Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle 3W
"Most Recent First" doesn't work any more

Hi,

Previously on my Kindle:
I use a Kindle 3 WiFi since say 2 years.
I load it with books using calibre.
Haven't done any jailbreaking.
I am using the collections plugin with mixed results.

A few weeks ago I removed all books using Windows7 Explorer and had another go with the upload of several books using calibre.
After that I can't get the collections on my Kindle to show a proper "Most Recent First" order. In other words, when I read a few pages in Book A, after returning to Home and to the right collection, Book A won't show on top.

Any ideas or hints are highly appreciated,
Len.
Len666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:08 AM   #2
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len666 View Post
when I read a few pages in Book A, after returning to Home and to the right collection, Book A won't show on top.
get online with your Kindle then try again.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2012, 06:21 AM   #3
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
I had a somewhat similar problem with my K3, only it was the books within a collection (only one of them) that wouldn't move according to which was read last.

Then later simply reading books within that collection would cause errors - like every other page would blank, then finally it simply started freezing.

I deleted the collection and that seemed to fix things, at least so far. So maybe that would work? (Kind of a pain to do if you have a lot in them)
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #4
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
I have a similar problem in one of my collections. It is stuck as number three in the Last Read order.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Generally problems with last read order have been related to the devices wireless not being turned on for a while.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Generally problems with last read order have been related to the devices wireless not being turned on for a while.
This.
More specifically, it's usually related to the internal clock getting out of sync. When that happens (in my experience) the "most recently read" ebook goes to the very end of the list.

Turn on the wireless and synchronize.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:28 AM   #7
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
This.
More specifically, it's usually related to the internal clock getting out of sync. When that happens (in my experience) the "most recently read" ebook goes to the very end of the list.

Turn on the wireless and synchronize.
Yep. THat happened to me today; my DX froze on a PDF, and I had to soft reset it to get it back (long hold of the power switch). That messed up the clock. A 'Sync a check for items' fixed it.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:46 AM   #8
Len666
Enthusiast
Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

I am grateful. Like all of you suggested a quick connection and syncing put it back to order.
I wouldn't have thought of this myself for quite some time. Great forum!

Cheers!
Len.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:22 AM   #9
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Unfortunately that didn't work for me, despite syncing the book is still on third position in the collection.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:56 AM   #10
Len666
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Unfortunately that didn't work for me, despite syncing the book is still on third position in the collection.
Sorry bout that. Can only tell you what exactly I did.
Pressed <Home> & <Menu>, turned on wifi and chose Synch &Check for items. I didn't reset or anything. When I went to the collection that holds my present book, it was on top straight away.

As a whole, the way the Kindle works is not very transparant to me, like this need to synch for re adjusting the internal clock. I thought I did that by setting the time... but I guess I'll stay comfortably naive in this field.

Cheers!
Len.