Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-10-2010, 06:24 PM   #16
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
Unfortunately I cannot get readme to work with dropbox. Evidently dropbox appends a nuch of letters after the filename.epub. It looks like filename.epub?=DFGDJFSGJFDGFJDSFGJFDFGJSDFSGF. I think that confuses the program.
I ran into the same problem trying to download files from dropbox onto the kindle via Whispernet- the letters appended on the end mask the file from the browser/reader - which refuses to download it.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:49 AM   #17
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
Unfortunately I cannot get readme to work with dropbox. Evidently dropbox appends a nuch of letters after the filename.epub. It looks like filename.epub?=DFGDJFSGJFDGFJDSFGJFDFGJSDFSGF. I think that confuses the program.
Strange. I just tried it and had no difficulty downloading and reading an epub from my dropbox with readMe. Perhaps it has been fixed since you last tried?
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2010, 08:05 AM   #18
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkie View Post
Strange. I just tried it and had no difficulty downloading and reading an epub from my dropbox with readMe. Perhaps it has been fixed since you last tried?
Was this a private folder with a password or a shared public folder? Files made public may lack the appended letters [a post in another thread said that the appended letters were a security feature linked with a private account to prevent anonymous downloads].
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:51 AM   #19
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
It does not appear to be working from my public folder either. Nikkie, are you using the webserver in readme to connect to dropbox? Or is there a way to link readme to the dropboxapp?
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #20
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
I am adding it as a website and then accessing as usual. The w=... stuff are there, and don't appear to affect the file name or opening the file at all.

I have it in a private folder, and just sign in with my credentials. I'm accessing it by clicking the "events" tab, the file tab does not seem to load for me.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2010, 08:36 AM   #21
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Heh wow that works. Thanks. Kind of strange, but its an easy enough workaround. I might have to move something in dropbox or copy something to get it to show up in events, ut that is easy enough
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote