Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-15-2014, 04:05 PM   #16
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
More info and specifications are now available on the Pocketbook US site http://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/pro...ketbook-inkpad
Not much, if anything, new. The Wiki already had this data, except the web site claims a backlight which we know is impossible.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:06 AM   #17
ST-One
Addict
ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Icarus8, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Not much, if anything, new. The Wiki already had this data, except the web site claims a backlight which we know is impossible.

Dale
Perhaps not news, but at least some movement; perhaps to prepare the launch of the device in Western Europe and North America.
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2014, 09:27 AM   #18
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST-One View Post
Perhaps not news, but at least some movement; perhaps to prepare the launch of the device in Western Europe and North America.
Quite possible. At least two sellers here in the Netherlands already have it available for pre-order and claim delivery 'end of this month'.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:25 AM   #19
ST-One
Addict
ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Quite possible. At least two sellers here in the Netherlands already have it available for pre-order and claim delivery 'end of this month'.
Thanks for the tip. I (pre)-ordered it from easereader.nl
Old 07-17-2014, 06:44 AM   #20
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Thanks for the tip. I (pre)-ordered it from easereader.nl
Yep, that is one of them. The other is e-readerweb.nl
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2014, 12:51 AM   #21
babadockia
Zealot
babadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: kobo aura hd, trekstor pyrus maxi with texet 138 firmware
does anyone have any idea if these two dutch shops ship internationally? internationally meaning europe, , in sweden? because i so want it
babadockia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:20 AM   #22
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
You might as well wait until the device is officially released. You'll be able to pick from a number of websites to buy from then. I'm sure the German site will ship internationally, and I got my 623 shipped to Canada from the French vendor. I'm sure there will be many choices.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:20 AM   #23
mvo
Connoisseur
mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: see signature
I contacted Pocketbook last month and was told that it was due to be released in August.

Seems that it will be available internationally from France from http://boutique.pocketbook.fr/

To place an order, contact info@pocketbook.fr

I am tempted to figure out if one of the Dutch sites will ship internationally. My Dutch is marginally better than my French
mvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 05:40 AM   #24
ST-One
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by babadockia View Post
does anyone have any idea if these two dutch shops ship internationally? internationally meaning europe, , in sweden? because i so want it
Sweden (Zweden) is in their list of countries they ship to; so, you're in luck.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:48 PM   #25
babadockia
Zealot
babadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshes

if we will be able to sideload our own fonts... that would be just the perfection i ever dreamed about
Old 07-19-2014, 01:26 PM   #26
ST-One
Addict

Quote:
if we will be able to sideload our own fonts... that would be just the perfection i ever dreamed about
From their FAQ-page:

Quote:
10.How to install a new font on PocketBook?

Connect your PocketBook to a computer using a USB cable and copy any TrueType font to PocketBook’s internal memory font folder.
Old 07-19-2014, 03:27 PM   #27
babadockia
Zealot

Quote:
From their FAQ-page:
i've got that, but this one could have a different software
Old 07-19-2014, 03:48 PM   #28
babadockia
Zealot

but, the truth to be told, I don't know what to do: take this one, or wait till fall for the onyx with the same specs, but running on android
Old 07-19-2014, 06:31 PM   #29
ST-One
Addict

Quote:
but, the truth to be told, I don't know what to do: take this one, or wait till fall for the onyx with the same specs, but running on android
Personally, I don't care about the OS. Sure, the Onyx (like the T68) may be more flexible with different reading-apps and a wider range of use via all that is available through the PlayStore. But the eink-display will be severely limiting that flexibility anyway.

The deciding factor for me, between the InkPad and the Onyx device, is the design factor. The screen of the InkPad is flush like on the Kobo Aura or all tablets that are out there, and the Onyx will have a screen that is inset into the device. The InkPad just looks better to me; and I only want a good reading-device not an eink-tablet.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:37 PM   #30
babadockia
Zealot

the same here. if I want a tablet, I have the ipad, but all I want is to read, turning off all the links with the outside world. but, let's face it, do we know how they look like, except from what we've seen in the pictures? and, remember, not real life pictures