Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-03-2013, 03:55 AM   #76
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
It also sounds as if your epub metadata writer plugin is disabled. You can verify the plugin is enabled by going to Preferences - Plugins - Metadata writer plugins and check to make sure the Set epub metadata is enabled.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:11 AM   #77
Lanix
Lanix began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
It also sounds as if your epub metadata writer plugin is disabled. You can verify the plugin is enabled by going to Preferences - Plugins - Metadata writer plugins and check to make sure the Set epub metadata is enabled.
It's enabled.

Maybe it doesn't matter but every tag and cover syncs fine to my Sony e-reader, but no to Moon+ on my N7100.
Lanix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2013, 04:27 AM   #78
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanix View Post
Maybe it doesn't matter but every tag and cover syncs fine to my Sony e-reader, but no to Moon+ on my N7100.
That is strange. If I was set on getting Moon+ reader right I would delete the books, reboot my device make sure Moon+ is empty and resend the books. But truthfully I haven't use the import function of Moon+ Reader for a year. Mind you it worked great exactly as I would have expected. But I moved on as follows to another App for navigating and launching my books.

I moved from a Sony ereader to a Android device for my reading and in order to ensure I got as good an experience with collections, tags, series etc... on my Nexus 7 as I did on the Sony I forked out the $2.99 at the Play store for the Calibre Companion (CC) app (wi-fi required to load the books). This app was created by the same developer that did most of the advanced work on the Sony device plugin in calibre.

I use CC to navigate the collection of books on my device then launch the book I choose and select Moon+ Plus as the reader I want to open the book. The best part is CC just went through a major upgrade to add all of the eye candy, bells and whistles anyone might want.

You can group and sort every way imaginable. Each book has a nice pop up book jacket with all of the info from calibre (including your custom column info).

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-03-2013 at 04:31 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:52 AM   #79
Lanix
Lanix began at the beginning.

Device: none
I reinstalled Moon+ and I removed and readded the books. I've still the same error. Then I installed FBreader. It finds every tag and series perfectly. Though it has more problems than Moon+ at loading the included covers.

Yeah, I guess buying CC is an option. I probably will.

Anyway, in my book Moon+ is a broken app even though it looks like one of the better reading apps. But tags being this broken is IMO inexcusable for a paid app.

Last edited by Lanix; 09-03-2013 at 05:00 AM.
Lanix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:36 AM   #80
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Yeah, I guess buying CC is an option. I probably will.
Good Choice. CC is easier to navigate than any reader, especially when you have a lot of books, tags, series or authors on your device.

Quote:
Anyway, in my book Moon+ is a broken app even though it looks like one of the better reading apps. But tags being this broken is IMO inexcusable for a paid app.
I just imported 2000 books into Moon+ including multiple series and every one without exception were in the proper Series and had the proper tags and there were no mystery tags.

The only conclusion I can come to is that it is a calibre or user issue. For some reason the metadata that should be embedded during the Send to device process is not getting embedded. An epub to epub conversion of all the books or setting the metadata in the books within your library using the Modify Epub plugin should fix this issue.

But Moon+ imports the metadata (Tags, Series, and Authors) perfectly. I know it is not using any info from a filename, because all of my filenames are a calibre's long UUID.epub no identifying info except in the epub itself.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-03-2013 at 07:18 AM.
Advert
Old 09-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #81
snoozer
Connoisseur
snoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7th Generation, Lenovo c330 Chromebook
book format not looking right

Hope I am posting this in the right place.
I have Moon Reader Pro which I am having trouble with some of the epub books that I have do not show up right, but if I load the same book into UB Reader or Google Play Book the books seem to look like they should.

I have a couple of screenshots showing the same book in Moon Read & in UB Reader.

If someone could make some suggestions of some settings that I might need to change or something that would be great.
I really like all the options with Moon Reader Pro, but the book formatting looks so much better in other readers.
Not all books have this trouble though just kind of hit & miss.

Moon Reader Pro Screenshot
http://s5.photobucket.com/user/snoozer854/media/screenshots/Screenshot_2013-09-03-13-24-32_zps97ad1eaa.png

UB Reader
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...psf22ae803.png
snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #82
johnwhelan
Zealot
johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Cybook Gen 3, Google Nexus7
Quote:
Is Moon+ a broken app? It seemed like a professional app, not an app full of bugs. Did I just waste my money?

Series tags work sometimes.
Covers (original in the EPUB) work sometimes.

E.g.
  • I've 13 Wheel of Times books in Calibre. Only four books appear under the Wheel of Time series. All books are tagged correctly in Calbire with "The Wheel of Time" series and with number 1-13. When I check the books under author all of the missing books don't have the "The Wheel of Time" and number tag. http://i41.tinypic.com/svid0k.png
  • I've four books in the "Star Force Series". 3/4 books correctly show up under "Star Force Series". One book has no series/number "tag". One book has the "Star Force Series" tag but not the number. http://i40.tinypic.com/rhnxb4.png
One thing I've noticed about epub books is they do vary a little according to the software used to create them. On some books I've had some success by using Calibre to convert them to epub. For example on Smashwords from time to time books get an updated release, recently one that wasn't showing the author's name in Calibre was rereleased in a version that now shows the author's name.

Cheerio John
johnwhelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #83
snoozer
Connoisseur
snoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoozer View Post
Hope I am posting this in the right place.
I have Moon Reader Pro which I am having trouble with some of the epub books that I have do not show up right, but if I load the same book into UB Reader or Google Play Book the books seem to look like they should.

I have a couple of screenshots showing the same book in Moon Read & in UB Reader.

If someone could make some suggestions of some settings that I might need to change or something that would be great.
I really like all the options with Moon Reader Pro, but the book formatting looks so much better in other readers.
Not all books have this trouble though just kind of hit & miss.

Moon Reader Pro Screenshot
http://s5.photobucket.com/user/snoozer854/media/screenshots/Screenshot_2013-09-03-13-24-32_zps97ad1eaa.png

UB Reader
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...psf22ae803.png
No suggestions? I find it odd that the same book looks perfect in other ereaders, but formatting is all goofy in Moon + Pro.
Still open for suggestions until then I will keep using UB Reader, it is to bad I really like Moon+
I e-mailed support and was told it has to do with TOC so why does the books look right in other readers, maybe is this is an issue that needs to be corrected.
I have no idea, just thought I would see if any one had any ideas.
Thank you for your time
Mark
Old 09-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #84
Dhevi
Zealot
Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy S3, Nexus 7.2
Quote:
No suggestions? I find it odd that the same book looks perfect in other ereaders, but formatting is all goofy in Moon + Pro.
Still open for suggestions until then I will keep using UB Reader, it is to bad I really like Moon+
I e-mailed support and was told it has to do with TOC so why does the books look right in other readers, maybe is this is an issue that needs to be corrected.
I have no idea, just thought I would see if any one had any ideas.
Thank you for your time
Mark
I had a similar issue when dealing with Moon+. Eventually I ended up changing reader apps to Mantano as it has worked the best for me for displaying epub with their formatting with little/no hassle and configuration required on my part.

I may at another time return to Moon+, but I am more than pleased where I am at the moment with Mantano.
Dhevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #85
snoozer
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhevi View Post
I had a similar issue when dealing with Moon+. Eventually I ended up changing reader apps to Mantano as it has worked the best for me for displaying epub with their formatting with little/no hassle and configuration required on my part.

I may at another time return to Moon+, but I am more than pleased where I am at the moment with Mantano.
Thank you for the suggestion. I think I will check out Manteno.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #86
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
By default Moon+ disables some CSS. Double tap the center of the book and click on the gear in the bottom control menu. Look through the various option menus. Specifically try it with the disable CSS option under Miscellaneous unchecked. Also there are other obvious settings you can check or uncheck that may be controlling indent or line spacing. Experiment.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #87
Tigg1972
Tigg1972 began at the beginning.

Device: samsung infuse
Black screen... and only that.

Having trouble finding anyone w/ this exact problem.
hoping this is a good place to ask for help.

I'm using Moon+ reader pro on a samsung infuse running android 2.2 Froyo.

This is a new problem. Just started a couple days ago (today is 9/12/2013)

Whenever I open a book (mobi) the book cover flashes on for a second and then I get a black screen. after that I am unable to proceed.

If I tap the screen I can go back to the bookshelf.

Before that I had no issues, except that the app would always get stuck in "initializing" which I could fix by tapping the back arrow.

I have tried re-installing. both with and without powering down. It doesnt seem to matter what I do.

Any ideas?

J.
Tigg1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:23 AM   #88
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Question

On another MobileRead thread earlier today, I posted the 2 screenshots below from Moon+ Pro Reader, praising its display capabilities.

The screenshots are from the new Nexus 7. I very much prefer to read using the setup in the lower screenshot, where the bottom Android bar (with the 3 standard Android buttons, even though reduced in size by Moon+) is not visible at all. I can only achieve this effect when turning pages using the tablet's Volume button. As soon as I touch the screen, the black Android bar at the bottom pops up into view.

Is there a way to make that Android bar at the bottom hidden at all times? So that it would only appear if I (for example) double-tapped in the center of the screen?

Thank you for any help.

Last edited by Faterson; 09-25-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #89
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
On another MobileRead thread earlier today, I posted the 2 screenshots below from Moon+ Pro Reader, praising its display capabilities.

The screenshots are from the new Nexus 7. I very much prefer to read using the setup in the lower screenshot, where the bottom Android bar (with the 3 standard Android buttons, even though reduced in size by Moon+) is not visible at all. I can only achieve this effect when turning pages using the tablet's Volume button. As soon as I touch the screen, the black Android bar at the button pops up into view.

Is there a way to make that Android bar at the bottom hidden at all times? So that it would only appear if I (for example) double-tapped in the center of the screen?

Thank you for any help.

If you are rooted, this app is good - auto hide soft keys https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.hidesoftkeys
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #90
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Thank you for the hint. I'd prefer to resolve this on the level of Moon+ Reader rather than Android, if possible, and without rooting, if possible. I don't so much mind the bottom bar in other Android apps, but it does spoil the look of themes in Moon+ Reader, doesn't it?

Well, a workaround solution is pretty easy, as mentioned above: turn pages using the volume key instead of touching the Nexus 7 screen... which is fine, but I'd have to get used to it (again). I say "again" because that was the standard way of turning pages in the ancient PDA era on Windows Mobile devices -- it would be funny to get back to that mode of operation today on a capacitive touchscreen device.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote