Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-17-2007, 12:41 PM   #1
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Help please: LRF to rtf or doc?

I have a book of short stories purchased from Connect. I would like to share a story in it with a friend, who does not have a Reader. He is on dial-up, so I can't email him screenshots of pages.

1. how can I find/identify the file in the first place? there aren't enough lrf files in my klibrary to account for all the purchased books I have.
2. the copy function doesn't work inside the Connect software on my PC, so I can't paste content into a Word doc, for instance.
3. so is there a way to convert a lrf file into rtf or doc format?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by Michele; 11-17-2007 at 12:54 PM.
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:54 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele View Post
I have a book of short stories purchased from Connect. I would like to share a story in it with a friend, who does not have a Reader. He is on dial-up, so I can't email him scanned pages.

1. how can I find/identify the file in the first place? there aren't as many lrf files in my klibrary to account for all the purchased books I have.
2. the copy function doesn't work inside the Connect software on my PC, so I can't paste content into a Word doc, for instance.

Thanks for any help.
You can't. Sorry.

1. The ebooks purchased from Connect have the suffix *.lrx. If you search for that, you will find them.

3. There is no way to convert the ebook because of the DRM. The best you can do is to open up Ebook Library program in full screen mode and take screen shots. Put the screen shots in a zip.

This is why I am adamantly opposed to buying ebooks from Sony. Everyone would be much better off buying their ebooks in the easily breakable MSReader LIT format.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2007, 04:18 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele View Post
I have a book of short stories purchased from Connect. I would like to share a story in it with a friend, who does not have a Reader. He is on dial-up, so I can't email him screenshots of pages.

1. how can I find/identify the file in the first place? there aren't enough lrf files in my klibrary to account for all the purchased books I have.

Thanks for any help.
The only option you have is to have your friend download Ebook Library and log into your account and register his computer. Then he can download this books and read it on his computer. In fact, he'd ba able to read everything you've purchased. And since you have a Credit card on the account, he'd be able to go and purchase other books.

The other option is to let him borrow your reader and read it that way.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 04:47 PM   #4
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Or you could put the reader in a scanner and then ocr the images...
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:28 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Or you could put the reader in a scanner and then ocr the images...
I wonder how well that would really work. It is likely the screen would be out of focus. If it works it would be an interesting way to post images.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2009, 09:43 PM   #6
mets
mets began at the beginning.

Device: sony-505
solution for lrf

open the lrf in "bbeb book binder" in edit mode. The program creates html files, which you can do what you want with in MS Word.

http://code.google.com/p/bbebinder/
mets is offline   Reply With Quote