Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-22-2011, 01:57 AM   #16
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I finally caved and bought me a new 7". I was thinking about the Acer and the Lenovo. But I heard that if you connect the Acer to Windows you didn't get a drive letter and I couldn't find anything about car chargers for it. And the Lenovo hasn't got a release date yet.

So, I finally settled for the Flyer. I was also thinking about the Samsung, but, as mgmueller already mentioned, that one is an older model already. The playbook is even more expensive than the Flyer so that was out of the question as the Flyer is already at the end of my budget.

I did get a decent deal, I think, with the Flyer (which includes a sleeve and a pen), a leather case, a car charger, screen protector and two adapt resin cases for about €450 (which would translate to about $450).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:49 PM   #17
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
... about €450 (which would translate to about $450).
Where can I get €450 for $450, I'll take 100 of them!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2011, 12:42 AM   #18
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Where can I get €450 for $450, I'll take 100 of them!
By buying online (in Europe) and then getting the tax back Our taxes are a lot higher! People from the US often forget about that...
Old 09-23-2011, 12:52 AM   #19
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
I finally caved and bought me a new 7". I was thinking about the Acer and the Lenovo. But I heard that if you connect the Acer to Windows you didn't get a drive letter and I couldn't find anything about car chargers for it. And the Lenovo hasn't got a release date yet.

So, I finally settled for the Flyer. I was also thinking about the Samsung, but, as mgmueller already mentioned, that one is an older model already. The playbook is even more expensive than the Flyer so that was out of the question as the Flyer is already at the end of my budget.

I did get a decent deal, I think, with the Flyer (which includes a sleeve and a pen), a leather case, a car charger, screen protector and two adapt resin cases for about €450 (which would translate to about $450).
I've considered the HTC flyer as well. What about the stylus? Is it useful? Is it convenient enough to use?
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:43 AM   #20
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Right now, you can only use it to scribble everywhere, but I understood that with the upcoming firmware it can be used everywhere.

It is perfectly integrated with the notetaking app (naturally) and the Kobo Reader app. You can use the stylus to highlight, for example (and with highlighting, I mean so that the application will notice a highlight and record it in its highlighting menu).

It is a pen with an actual point, so it's really useable for writing (unlike most of those capacitive stylii with those thick points...). The implementation of the pen is also very well done. It has its own menu button (next to the home, menu and back) which will react only to the pen.

I'll be using it mostly for highlighting though. With Aldiko, I can only use it to "scribble", so I'll have to make a bookmark (and use my yellow marker point) to have Aldiko register it.

I didn't buy the Flyer for the pen, but it's a nice addon.
Advert
Old 10-09-2011, 08:08 AM   #21
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:

How is the battery life on the Flyer? Now that it's $299, it seems like a great deal. I love the the Sense interface and build quality.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:48 AM   #22
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

I've no idea how people measure it. And I presume it depends a lot of how you use it. I know I can use it for several days without charging, depending on the day of the week. In the weekends, I use internet more and thus drain the battery more, while during the week it's mostly used for reading. My backlight is default at 10% (which is more than enough!) Only rarely will I turn it up...

I managed to drain the battery in a day yesterday, after installing a game and playing that whenever I could (apparatus, only the light version right now, but I'll most certainly buy it!) but I think that's a rather heavy app to use...