Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 02-16-2011, 10:21 AM   #1
canezila
Edge User

Menu button acting up

Scary problem. I havent figured out if it is a hardware or software (I hope it is) problem. Out of sleep mode, it doesnt respond until I press it at an angle.... which makes me think hardware... but sometimes it works well. Also, when active, pressing the MENU button doesnt always work. Then, sometimes the HOME button doesnt work... it will pull up the 6 screens of ADW Launcher but holding it does not bring up the active processes or prgs... only SOMETIMES does that function work and I rely on it more than I thought I did....

This just started to happen...

Old 02-16-2011, 10:24 AM   #2
Dr. T
Edge User

Have you installed any apps or made any other changes recently?

Advert
Old 02-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
borisb
Edge User

Has your eDGe been exposed to fine crumbs which may have worked their way under the buttons? Perhaps the alignment of the sensor pads under the buttons has shifted.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #4
canezila
Edge User

I have uninstalled Sweeter Home ... and it made things run better without it installed. The weird thing is that it is currently working perfect. But earlier this morning and also last night it was acting up. It is hard to troubleshoot it with limited information. I will just keep an eye on battery levels when it happens... what is running in the background (or was running)... I think it is a software problem still... I might uninstall everything I dont use much.... then see what happens...

Old 02-16-2011, 10:41 AM   #5
canezila
Edge User

@ BorisB... yes. In my garage I work on guitars and sand/cut etc... I have a dust collector and an air 'sweeper' that sucks in very fine dust. It might be related to that. It has not dropped or anything obvious that would really cause concern. I will try to blow air around the buttons with my compressor and see if I can gently air the area clean. That is a good point.

Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #6
canezila
Edge User

Bad news to report. It is incresinly harder to get my edge out of sleep by pressing the MENU button. This MENU button is, by far, the worse off. Next, the HOME button is fairly next to impossible to activate.. but a sideways attempt at a push sometimes works. The other buttons are perfectly fine.

I have never seen the inside of my edge, but I imagine that BorisB has it correct in thinking it is just 'off' sensor somehow... probably just slightly. I wish this was a fix I could do as I hate to part with my edge again. What is the tech email? support@entourageedge.com ??

Old 02-18-2011, 03:53 PM   #7
borisb
Edge User

Check www.entourageedge.com/support for the exact email. I think it might be techsupport@entourageedge.com.