Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-04-2011, 03:35 AM   #1
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Where in the World is your world?

I often have a hard time imagining the size and scope of countries. Wannbee put up a nice map showing the USA with Australia on top of it, to scale. I copied a map of Japan, scaled that and put it on top of the other two countries.

How about this;
Copy the map below, google a map of your country, scale it and put it on top of this one, and repost it.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Well, you already have my country on there. I live just to the N.W. of the black dot between Melbourne and Adelaide. Hint: I went to Jazz Festival last weekend and am going again on Saturday. ;?)
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
Ivy
Sometimes I purr.
Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
How about this;
Copy the map below, google a map of your country, scale it and put it on top of this one, and repost it.
I'd like to do that, but to what scale?
Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #4
MJK2111
FUBAR!
MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 S
The following image may not be appropriate for small children, medium children, and some adults:

Spoiler:
MJK2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:11 PM   #5
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK2111 View Post
The following image may not be appropriate for small children, medium children, and some adults:

Spoiler:
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2011, 03:07 PM   #6
Ivy
Sometimes I purr.
Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lmao, I'm going to Mexico!
Old 05-04-2011, 09:08 PM   #7
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
I'd like to do that, but to what scale?
Scale your map to show its relative size to the others. For example, the three there already are in correct proportion to each other. Japan would reach from Maine to Georgia if it were picked up and put on top of the US.

Stitchawl
Old 05-04-2011, 11:42 PM   #8
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
FWIW, I live on the east coast of Oz, just below where it says "ROCKHAM[PTON]".
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:53 AM   #9
Ivy
Sometimes I purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Scale your map to show its relative size to the others. For example, the three there already are in correct proportion to each other. Japan would reach from Maine to Georgia if it were picked up and put on top of the US.
I understand what you want us to do, but unless I know that those maps are 1:what?, scaling my map to show it's relative size to others will only be my best guess.

For example, I live here:

I don't know where Croatia would reach if it were picked up and put on top of the US, I just know it would be pretty small.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:03 AM   #10
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
For example, I live here:

I don't know where Croatia would reach if it were picked up and put on top of the US, I just know it would be pretty small.
Here ya go, Ivy. I took your map image, from Wiki learned that Croatia is roughly the same size as West Virginia, colored it red, scaled it to the size of West Virginia and put it on top of the map!

Stitchawl
Old 05-05-2011, 02:33 AM   #11
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
FWIW, I live on the east coast of Oz, just below where it says "ROCKHAM[PTON]".
I reckon we are nearly in Honshu! maybe just a little bit north.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:21 AM   #12
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I know the Netherlands is slightly less than twice the size of the state of New Jersey. But you already painted Japan on that...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:31 AM   #13
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I know the Netherlands is slightly less than twice the size of the state of New Jersey. But you already painted Japan on that...
And I put Croatia over Indiana. So what? Put the Netherlands anywhere on the map, but scale it to the size you need. It doesn't have to be exact. This is MobileRead, not GoogleEarth.

Stitchawl
Old 05-06-2011, 12:08 AM   #14
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I live in the state of denial, It's quite a bit bigger than the other states.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:31 AM   #15
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
I can't see any picture in your posts Stitchawl, they all say: "Domain Unregistered. To view, register at ......" Do I have to register to see them?

Vietnam is tiny...

maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote