Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-25-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Can I keep zoom setting in new tabs?

Hi,

I've just installed the latest official Sigil and noticed that a new tab opens for each chapter. Great idea and seems to make loading quite a bit quicker.

However, I like to zoom in to 130% rather than the default 100% and each new tab is set to the default 100% when it opens.

Is there a way I can set Sigil to open each tab on whatever zoom factor I want so I don't have to manually change it each time?

Cheers,
PKFFW
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:54 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW View Post
Hi,

I've just installed the latest official Sigil and noticed that a new tab opens for each chapter. Great idea and seems to make loading quite a bit quicker.

However, I like to zoom in to 130% rather than the default 100% and each new tab is set to the default 100% when it opens.

Is there a way I can set Sigil to open each tab on whatever zoom factor I want so I don't have to manually change it each time?

Cheers,
PKFFW
Sticky Zoom

I would like a preference to open each newly added tab in a default choice of code view or book view
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:04 AM   #3
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW View Post

Currently you can't. Add it to the tracker.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:55 AM   #4
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Done

Cheers,
PKFFW
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:38 PM   #5
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Um, just a potentially related issue.

If Zoom is >100% PageUp & PageDown do not move the text a page based on the current zoom size. It remains stuck on the 100% page size. This also affects Search (possibly Search & Replace) by taking the user to the "location" of the searched term based on the 100% size - not the current zoom setting. This was true in v1.8 (I think). I have not check it on the v2.0.xx as yet.

If this is, as I think Kovid said when I mentioned similar activity in calibre, a QT related issue, I am not sure that their is anything that you can do about it. When I realized Sigil also made use of QT, I saw no reason to mention the problem.

Last edited by Sabardeyn; 03-27-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:15 PM   #6
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabardeyn View Post
Um, just a potentially related issue.

If Zoom is >100% PageUp & PageDown do not move the text a page based on the current zoom size. It remains stuck on the 100% page size. This also affects Search (possibly Search & Replace) by taking the user to the "location" of the searched term based on the 100% size - not the current zoom setting. This was true in v1.8 (I think). I have not check it on the v2.0.xx as yet.
Already on the tracker. I know exactly how to fix this, I've just been putting it off until I start rewriting the search engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabardeyn View Post
If this is, as I think Kovid said when I mentioned similar activity in calibre, a QT related issue, I am not sure that their is anything that you can do about it. When I realized Sigil also made use of QT, I saw no reason to mention the problem.
I don't know what Kovid was referring to, but the issue I'm talking about is entirely fixable in Sigil.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:15 PM   #7
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
It's great to hear that you can fix this issue. I particularly like to use zoomed text as it helps to relieve eye strain.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote