Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-10-2009, 03:44 PM   #1
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Question Weird cover image problems

I'm on a mac using Sigil 0.14b. This problem has also happened on 0.12 and 0.13.

When I add an image to the beginning of a epub, it is showing the white area around the image on the cover when I view in Adobe Digital Editions and Calibre (see attached screenshots).

Is there anything I need to do to mark it as a cover image?

Thanks!
Danny
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sigil.png
Views:	479
Size:	470.7 KB
ID:	38813   Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre.png
Views:	484
Size:	234.3 KB
ID:	38814   Click image for larger version

Name:	Adobe_Digital_Editions.png
Views:	500
Size:	480.0 KB
ID:	38815  
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:21 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_jeepin View Post
When I add an image to the beginning of a epub, it is showing the white area around the image on the cover when I view in Adobe Digital Editions and Calibre (see attached screenshots).
I believe Calibre renders out the first XHTML flow so you get that white background. Try to export to epub directly from Sigil and then open the file in ADE.

Otherwise, try to use a bigger image. In general, I can't be of much help unless you attach the epub file so I can take a look at it myself.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #3
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Sorry to not make it clear, here's what I'm doing.
1. export odf from OpenOffice to xhtml.
2. open xhtml in Sigil
3. add cover image to beginning of document
4. save as epub

Attached is a zip with the cover image, xhtml file, and epub file.

Also, I've tried adding the cover via Calibre but it wouldn't do it.

FYI - The xhtml only includes the first paragraph (that way I'm not posting copyrighted material). I do own the physical book.
Attached Files
File Type: zip test.zip (74.2 KB, 395 views)
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:32 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The cover image is only 260x400. If you just include an image, it does not get resized by default.

You also have an @page item in the style, that's setting large margins - which explains the white space.

I enclose a slightly tweaked epub, making the cover and SVG wrapped image on its own page, and changing the @page margins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_jeepin View Post

Attached is a zip with the cover image, xhtml file, and epub file.

Also, I've tried adding the cover via Calibre but it wouldn't do it.

FYI - The xhtml only includes the first paragraph (that way I'm not posting copyrighted material). I do own the physical book.
Attached Files
File Type: epub test_tweaked.epub (38.9 KB, 400 views)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote