Connoisseur
jozicka doesn't litterjozicka doesn't litter

Device: notebook
Night reading lamp - panel

I've just came to this

Night Vision Reading 3-LED Book Light Panel

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.44948

(and actually I also made order )

Does anybody have practice with similar lamps? (I hardly remember something like this was implemented to SONY e-reader)
jozicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #2
jphphotography
Zealot
jphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle 3 6" 3G + wifi, Sony PRS-300, iTouch 4G, Galaxy S Vibrant
I ordered one of these from DX http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.26822 I'll make a new thread when I get it in the mail and let everyone know if it's good or not. Gotta love DX, have the stuff is so cheap I don't worry too much and just add it to the cart lol.
jphphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:23 AM   #3
curstpriest
Confused
curstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle DXG
Anyone know how the E-INK display is encased? Is it transparent with a film on the back? Can it be modded to add a backlight assembly? Or mabye some electroluminescent film? I'm guessing it's too tight in there, from what I have seen.

Also surprised nobody has made custom front panels yet that have led lights built in (like 4) that piggyback off of the kindle's main battery (it's 3.7v isn't it?). It's not hard to pop off the antenna cap and replace the front panel, they could just put a small switch on the side of the front panel or something for the lights. This would be good solution, no running around with an oversized light protruding about.
curstpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:28 AM   #4
jozicka
Connoisseur
jozicka doesn't litterjozicka doesn't litter

Device: notebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphphotography View Post
I ordered one of these from DX http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.26822 I'll make a new thread when I get it in the mail and let everyone know if it's good or not. Gotta love DX, have the stuff is so cheap I don't worry too much and just add it to the cart lol.
I already have this one. It is not bad, but I had to made small lamp-shade as the light was so wide, so my wife ordered me to go out of the bedroom as she could not sleep.
jozicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:41 AM   #5
neftaly
neftaly plays well with othersneftaly plays well with othersneftaly plays well with othersneftaly plays well with othersneftaly plays well with othersneftaly plays well with othersneftaly plays well with othersneftaly plays well with othersneftaly plays well with othersneftaly plays well with othersneftaly plays well with others

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by curstpriest View Post
Anyone know how the E-INK display is encased? Is it transparent with a film on the back? Can it be modded to add a backlight assembly? Or mabye some electroluminescent film? I'm guessing it's too tight in there, from what I have seen.
The backing is basically just a glass mirror (unfortunately). The only way that I know of to light up the display is by illuminating the edges of the panel.
neftaly is offline   Reply With Quote