Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-11-2010, 05:13 AM   #16
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Well, the IFA ("Internationale Funkausstellung") starts in Berlin, Germany, at Sep. 3rd.

Pocketbook will be there too.

Maybe they have something to come up with.

Last edited by beachwanderer; 08-11-2010 at 05:19 AM.
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:26 AM   #17
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachwanderer View Post
Well, the IFA ("Internationale Funkausstellung") starts in Berlin, Germany, at Sep. 3rd.

Pocketbook will be there too.

Maybe they have something to come up with.
Well, yes, we have! And we're really proud of what we will come up with.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2010, 08:27 AM   #18
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Well, yes, we have! And we're really proud of what we will come up with.
Must be very frustrating for you to have lots of wonderful news to share with us and not being allowed to share ;-)
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:11 AM   #19
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Must be very frustrating for you to have lots of wonderful news to share with us and not being allowed to share ;-)
Yes, very frustrating
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:58 PM   #20
Dawgmatix
Dawgmatix began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thats great news

Septembers not far away, Ive decided to wait for the 901. Hopefully it will be available at launch.
Dawgmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2010, 07:19 PM   #21
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by meem View Post
It's lighter than Kindle DX, I hope it will be cheaper also.
I just had a look at the MR wiki, and it estimate $450-$500US for the reader. Now they are just estimates and we wont know for sure until it is actually released, but from the specs to me it sounds a little hard to justify the extra expense than the KindleDX (though it would be easier to justify when the plastic screens are put into it). Just my 2cents
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:26 PM   #22
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Mmmm... Other threads in this forum had suggested lower prices. Here we have a suggestion about $350 as the final price.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:10 AM   #23
krish
Connoisseur
krish began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302, Kindle 3(Wifi), Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
but from the specs to me it sounds a little hard to justify the extra expense than the KindleDX (though it would be easier to justify when the plastic screens are put into it).
Pocketbook team confirmed in other forum that it will be glass screen only and not plastic screen and also no pearl screen for the time being.
krish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:40 AM   #24
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krish View Post
Pocketbook team confirmed in other forum that it will be glass screen only and not plastic screen and also no pearl screen for the time being.
Thus it's really bad, getting iPad with glass screen is better.
And it's not more cheap like we thought, just cheaper than Kindle DX by about 9$ or 29$ for every edition of KDX.
http://armdevices.net/2010/06/03/poc...1-is-released/

Last edited by meem; 08-13-2010 at 03:59 AM.
meem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:40 AM   #25
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
AFAIK the glass screens should be only used in the first batch of readers, since they don't have the capacity to deliver as many plastic screens as it's needed right now. A glimmer of hope?
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:04 AM   #26
vdp
Enthusiast
vdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle DXG
I am also waiting for PB 901 for several months already.
From my POV the major selling points are the support for many eBook formats and relative openness(SDK is available).
For me personally the deadline is September 10. If PB fails to announce very specific date(no later than the end of September) when the reader will be available, I will opt for Kindle DXG.
vdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:31 AM   #27
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
The Pocketbook people seem to be very excited about the forthcoming announcement.
We, I guess, will have to wait and see.

I just find it a bit funny, that whereas some companies make one announcement after another about their non-marketable products, others (Digma q1000) just pop up out of nowhere with actual products.
But we'll have and see in this case as well.
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:06 PM   #28
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Yes, very frustrating
Snicker.

I feel like a little kid: "I'm more frustrated than you."

"No, you're not."

"Yes, you are!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

But, to "win" the childish argument that I've created out of thin air (who's more frustrated) - at least you've seen them, mtravellerh! We still have to wait...

So there - I'm more frustrated!!

[tantrum]

Throws self on forum floor: "I want to see the new Pocketbooks now!" Waaaah!!!

[/tantrum]
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:31 PM   #29
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Only a few weeks left unitl IFA Berlin.
Really like to know the details about 901.

Fortunately shipping of Kindle DXG to Germany has been delayed 4-6 weeks. So i delayed my order too and wait for 901 news.

I'm on vacation mid September and will order when i'm back...KDXG or 901.
Although i prefer the 901 it depends on the features, availability and the price. If the first batch has glass screen i hope they will replace them later on for free.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:41 PM   #30
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDream View Post
Only a few weeks left unitl IFA Berlin.
Fortunately shipping of Kindle DXG to Germany has been delayed 4-6 weeks. So i delayed my order too and wait for 901 news.
What do you mean by that? It is in stock.
I received mine in less than 2 days (from Louisville, KY to Milan, Italy)

Last edited by Geppetto; 08-18-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote