Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-19-2009, 01:14 AM   #1
Iteria
Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD+
Windows 7 And Sony Ebook Library

I happened across a copy of Windows 7 from my school and I installed it. However, I can't get Sony's ebook library to work on it. It's weird because Digital editions run fine and its pretty much the first piece of software Ive run on Windows 7 that was incompatible with a piece of Windows Vista software. I don't really know what to do.

I know it's a long shot, but has anyone had any luck getting the ebook library to work on Win7? I really don't have anyone Windows OS to use and I kind of want to read the new book I bought.
Iteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:18 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Two things...

1. Set it to run in Windows XP compatible mode.

2. Make sure that it is set up in the DEP exclusion list. You can google to find out how to do this.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
Iteria
Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iteria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD+
Thanks. Turning running the desktop shortcut in compatibility mode worked. Also it seems that Windows 7 automatically does DEP, unless you tell it not to.
Iteria is offline   Reply With Quote