Old 03-27-2011, 08:38 AM   #1
ViktorShchedrin
Connoisseur
ViktorShchedrin began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
delete duplication specific format

Hello !

many books - let say for example - Peace and War - EPUB format only
many books - Anna Karenina - EPUB FB2 LIT MOBI LRF (one title, merged by Calibre)
many books - Crimea war - MOBI and LIT (or LIT only or FB2 only)

so, only 1 author and 3 books by Calibre but many files i do not need. I like to have only EPUB and FB2(like it), i trust Calibre converter (should i?) and hope will able to convert epub to mobi, for exampe, if will need.

can i delete other formats except EPUB FB2 if exist ? Is it possible by bulk for ALL library books automatically ?

if yes, the result of above example will be

Peace and War - EPUB
Anna Karenina - EPUB FB2
Crimea War - EPUB

Thank you.
ViktorShchedrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:48 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Furst an observation: Disk space is cheap and ebook files are small, so is there a real need to remove redundant formats? You might find at some later date you wished to keep the format.

Having said that, it is easy to remove a particular format. This can be done via the Bulk Edit Metadata dialog. However to avoid removing the only format you currently have, you might want to restrict the books selected using a search term of format:epub (assuming that you do not want to delete epub format books). Having done that you can call up the Edit Metadat option and remove other formats one at a time confident that you have an epub format for thte books in question.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2011, 10:57 AM   #3
ViktorShchedrin
Connoisseur
ViktorShchedrin began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
thanks for the thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
...it is easy to remove a particular format. This can be done via the Bulk Edit Metadata dialog. However to avoid removing the only format you currently have, you might want...
THANKs for the thoughts !

i found that FIND -> formats:"=EPUB" and formats:"=MOBI" = gave me books which have BOTH epub AND MOBI, so, next step is easy - delete specific format from all marked books...

Calibre is GOOD
ViktorShchedrin is offline   Reply With Quote